Bull new owners

Gareth Epps
👍

Thu 8 Oct 2015, 14:07

Good to hear about the Bull.

Sad that the Bell seems to be suffering from the typical problems of pubco ownership; it is hard to see Greene King making it work, with the best will in the world.

Tony Morgan
👍

Tue 6 Oct 2015, 16:10

Sounds positive for the future of the Bull

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 6 Oct 2015, 15:28

Oh well, the recently announced menu plans were supposed to be in place till the end of October. I suppose that's ditched now then.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Tue 6 Oct 2015, 15:23

It is hard to keep up with all the changes at the Bell just seems to get better then all change !

James Styring
👍

Tue 6 Oct 2015, 13:24

Jon - When I popped into the Bell on Saturday, Darren said his last day was going to be Monday (i.e. yesterday) and that there would be another interim manager in place until a full-time tenant-landlord is found.

John Munro
👍

Tue 6 Oct 2015, 12:09

Perhaps would have more effect and impact if they appeared in the What's On list as used to happen with events/evenings at The Bull?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 6 Oct 2015, 10:01

The Bell's weekly events are summarised on the 'weekly calendar' section of the Events page - hopefully the business page will be updated with the full details.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 6 Oct 2015, 08:47

I hope you are right, John. Add a proper chef and reasonable prices and it sounds like just what Charlbury needs. The Bell (check it out when you come over next week!) is providing imaginative menus on different days, generally looking to the cheaper end of the market but with good quality. Their publicity is hopeless so far, but hopefully that will be sorted soon! Perhaps Darren can help by posting his weekly rota of special deals on the forum here.

Enthusiastic support from locals, plus the ability to make Charlbury and the pub an attraction to outsiders, can make a success of both pubs.

John Land
👍

Mon 5 Oct 2015, 18:35 (last edited on Mon 5 Oct 2015, 18:38)

The Bull closes on 17 Oct; I believe the last food will be this coming weekend.
The new owner is from Coombe, and has had a pub in London. Apparently he has big changes planned. Rumour is the Bull will close for six weeks from 17 Oct for a total make over. The restaurant will be where the bar and bar food area is now; the central part, where one waits/ orders dinner, will become a tea room; the new bar will be at the very back of the present dining room, and the rest of the dining room, the 'lounge bar'. He plans to be open from 8.30 to 11.30, everyday, to do breakfasts etc, and afternoon teas. He will convert the house into four more rooms. Interesting. Currently I am in Idaho so my intel could be suspect; as they say watch this space. JML

Rachael Lunney
👍

Mon 5 Oct 2015, 18:03

I think 2 weeks today

John Munro
👍

Sat 3 Oct 2015, 17:22

Does anyone know who they are/where they come from and when they take over?

Tony Morgan
👍

Sat 3 Oct 2015, 11:36

I would like to welcome the new owners when they take over and am sure they will be well supported by Charlbury

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.