Refugee accommodation

rosemary galli
👍

Sun 13 Sep 2015, 16:26

Oxford.cityofsanctuary.org. Host Oxford is the same address but you add /host- Oxford To the end.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 12 Sep 2015, 22:27

Rosemary -- thanks! Can you post the link here please, for everyone?

rosemary galli
👍

Sat 12 Sep 2015, 18:36

Jon, thanks for The Guardian reference and Liz for the WODC contact. For anyone who is interested I have downloaded a terrific 20 page guide on hosting compiled by Host Oxford that I could forward by email.

Jonathan Luxmoore
👍

Tue 8 Sep 2015, 19:50

Jon, we're staging it as a Charlbury Debating Society event, just so it has an organisational peg. But it's a public meeting with a practical agenda - definitely not a dry debate!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 8 Sep 2015, 17:40

I found this quite inspiring, and also encouraging. www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/08/hosting-refugees-in-my-home-migration-crisis?CMP=ema_1364

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 7 Sep 2015, 21:25

Thanks, both. That is all good news. I'll be there next Thursday. I do hope it's not just a 'debate' as the notice suggests. I've made my mind up and want to discuss and hopefully plan practicalities, not to listen to people telling me we should send 'em all back to Libya or wherever...

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 7 Sep 2015, 16:02 (last edited on Mon 7 Sep 2015, 16:14)

WODC has as of today set up a team of officers which will liaise with local voluntary groups and look at creating collection points for donations of emergency supplies, identify offers of emergency accommodation, and look at longer term accommodation needs. The person to get in touch with regarding offers of accommodation is Michelle Clifford. You can contact her through the WODC switchboard which is 01993 861000

Jonathan Luxmoore
👍

Mon 7 Sep 2015, 13:01

Jon, we are organising a public meeting this in the Memorial Hall on Thursday 17th. Please see the Events section for details....

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 7 Sep 2015, 10:54

Is anyone aware of initiatives in West Oxfordshire or more locally to house refugees? Do you know who to approach? Has the Town Council discussed a possible response? Thanks for any help.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.