50 speed limit for Woodstock road?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 13 Jan 2007, 23:41

I have no disagreement with the point about physical constraints. For example, whilst the speed bumps all the way up 9 acres rd might be a little bit excessive, the one a 100 yds or so before the junction does slow down the cars somewhat coming up from that way, relevant when creeping across with a toddler in tow.

Perhaps a set of vicious bumps on that junction would make it a lot safer, along with some decent lighting? To save light pollution and energy, some powerful spots on crossing place could be set to a motion/IF detector, and LEDs are coming on by leaps and bounds in terms of power output.

graham W
👍

Fri 12 Jan 2007, 21:48

I think that a more physical method of speed is required NOT a speed camera, it onlt takes an outsider to come around the bend at speed but it will not slow them down as they are not aware of it, all you have got is a picture of a car and a fine, but with a chicane you have no option BUT to slow down.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 12 Jan 2007, 20:36

I noticed the other day that a planning notice had gone up on a post right up on the Woodstock Rd just by where the bridlepath goes off towards the town, so it will be implemented in the next month or so I should think. I'm actually in favour of…

Long post - click to read full text

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 8 Jan 2007, 23:12

Graham I completely agree. In New Zealand they sign the corners at the speed that feels safe and reasonable to drive at. Blanket 50MPH limits just encourages less patient drivers to ignore them, causing and added overtaking risk.

graham W
👍

Sun 3 Dec 2006, 17:52

So another accident at the dip just outside of Chralbury on the Woodstock Road leads to the Council imposing a possible 50 MPH speed limit, why not just put a sign prior to the bends (in both directions) ADVERSE CAMBER AHEAD!, saves money especially erecting signs.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.