Rushey Bank - great idea

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Sun 30 Aug 2015, 21:35

It's no further from town and indeed is probably closer to town centre than Sturt Road. I think it's a good proposal too.

clare shakya
👍

Fri 28 Aug 2015, 11:18

Agree. It's an important development.

stephen cavell
👍

Fri 28 Aug 2015, 07:14

I also continue my support for this development.

Mark Luntley
👍

Thu 27 Aug 2015, 10:55

I have previously written in favour of the scheme because:1) support the need for a young dementia centre, 2) recognising the importance of housing that local people can afford, 3) a development built with sustainability in mind and 4) because the site is a sensible one, close to public transport, in an already built up location and a short walk from the town centre.

Mike Williams
👍

Wed 26 Aug 2015, 18:31

This proposal gets our support too.

Jim Holah
👍

Wed 26 Aug 2015, 16:36

I'm with you Helen, given the constraints in the town & the outrageous house prices excluding many people,this is a good mix, especially with the young dementia facilities as well. This is a positive development that isn't all about executive homes & maximum profit.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 26 Aug 2015, 08:45

Well said Ali and Helen, I agree entirely.

Ali Ross
👍

Wed 26 Aug 2015, 08:29 (last edited on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 08:37)

Agreed Helen. It's a sensitive solution to a problem of affordable housing faced by many families in Charlbury. I want my kids to grow up in the town where they've always lived, and not to be squeezed out by rampant house-price inflation, caused, in part, by the resistance of those already established to allow the town to grow and evolve. I can't wait to move in!

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Wed 26 Aug 2015, 07:01

I have started this posting to counter the sinking feeling thread. From my personal experience there is a lot of positive support in Charlbury for these proposals. I would urge those of us who do support the scheme to make as much noise about their support as those who will be trying to shout it down.
I feel that it is a very exciting idea which will make a very positive contribution to the Charlbury community.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.