Consultation on the Subsidised bus services

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:32 (last edited on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:32)

Thanks, Richard. I think Charlbury Town Council should object if documents are added after it has been consulted on such things!

There was some kind of Annex included that gave the information that X9 was at low risk when I responded to the consultation (back in July, I think) & I factored that into my response. But I don't find the OCC site at all easy, so I'm not sure what quite has been changed.

As I read it, X9 is at low risk on all the alternative models that OCC put forward (Annex Z). I think we should fight as hard as we can to retain the C1 bus, as this increases the likelihood of parking at Charlbury station as well as decreasing traffic on the roads round Charlbury during peak hours.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2015, 23:10

Christine - the information in Annex Y is very new (you'll see it was only published two days ago) and wasn't available to the Town Council, or indeed to anyone, at the time we last met.

The risk factor in this table also relates only to OCC's preferred "Option 2", which means keeping off-peak services but potentially cutting peak services. Cutting peak services on the X9 would make it harder for people from Charlbury who work or study in Witney.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2015, 20:57 (last edited on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 21:13)

I do encourage people to respond to the consultation. The link is here: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stconsultation

But why is it supposed that the X9 route is at High Risk of being cut? Annex Y to the consultation lists the threat to the X9 route as low. Indeed, it is only three down from the top of the list for services likely to be protected (excluding those services that OCC are pretty well obliged to keep).

By contrast, the risk of losing the C1 is listed as very high, as is the risk of cuts to the S3 on Sundays & Bank Holidays between Chipping Norton and Woodstock (so not affecting Charlbury directly).

Let me know if I've misunderstood this. If so, I might try & change my response. Is there perhaps a different Annex that says something else? I do not understand why Charlbury Town Council seems to minute a different view.

rosemary galli
👍

Sun 23 Aug 2015, 15:47

That periodic review is upon us yet once again and two of our time honoured bus services are at risk. C1 is again on the 'Very High' risk assessment while the X9 is at 'High' risk. There is an online Consultation being conducted and I would urge every regular bus passenger to get involved. Please tell neighbours and friends. I think there will be serious cuts this time around!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.