Wilderness signs still up?

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 19 Aug 2015, 19:00

2 lorries went up hatching lane from the Charlbury to Burford road and caused massive damage to the trees the road had clear signs telling HGVs not to use it but the drivers from Andy Glasgows in High Wycomes choose to ignore the signage and ripped the trees down which then got jammed under my new car. I went up to cornbury spoke to the drivers and they could not have care less thought it was funny now I am being done for damaging one of the headlights on one off the lorries as they did not see the funny side to that. They clearly can get a way with what they have done totally ignoring the signs and damaging trees which could have inturn caused terrible damage to cars or worse to a motor cyclist.

Simon Walker
👍

Wed 19 Aug 2015, 18:00

Who is going to be responsible for the tree surgery that is now needed on the weeping limes (see other thread) on the avenue down to North Lodge? Several of the trees have had branches broken off them, presumably by the large trucks using the avenue, and the damage will need to be sorted out to prevent long-term problems with them. Once the trees have grown up above truck height, the weeping branches will be less in the way, but that's going to take a few more years to achieve.

Alison Wright
👍

Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:30

The Wilderness organisers are contacting the AA who should collect the last of the signs.

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 18 Aug 2015, 16:16

The Muddy notice is still up at the top of Finstock Hill and A Riverside Festival noticr opposite the station

Pearl Manners
👍

Tue 18 Aug 2015, 14:26 (last edited on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 14:30)

I wondered why the signs were still up but Martin said someone in a lorry stopped and asked which entrance to take for the office only yesterday.

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:20

Possibly still directing the lorries during breakdown.

NADINE MILLS
👍

Tue 18 Aug 2015, 07:16

Even around Peartree and Oxford - I agree!

Mel Howard
👍

Tue 18 Aug 2015, 05:36

Wilderness has come and gone and i see the signs are still up everywhere .. Don't you think its time for them to be collected?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.