7:31 getting earlier and shorter?

AdrianS
👍

Mon 11 Dec 2006, 17:11

Correct, the Adelantes will remain with FGW until December 2007 when there will be sufficient refurbished HSTs to allow the Adelantes to return to their leasing comopany. That had always been the intention.

The refurbished HSTs (the first of which should enter service early in the new year) will have brand new seating (some extra seating in place of tables in standard class, new lighting and a much brighter interior. Legroom should be improved slightly as the newer seats are less bulky and it should be better than on a Virgin Voyager.

Could I also let Mr Broughton know that Silverlink do not operate any HSTs - apart from FGW, only Midland Mainline and GNER now use this type of train.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 1 Dec 2006, 12:12

Apparently the Adelantes are with us for up to another year.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Fri 1 Dec 2006, 11:53

My wife reported that they were making announcements to that effect regarding the 7:31 as well at the station. I thought the original announcement from FGW indicated that all the Adalantes were being replaced by refurbished HSTs. I shall be interested to see what sort of legroom one has on these refurbished HSTs. Silverlink's refurbished HSTs seem to have less legroom than an airline seat and folding down the tray pretty much pins one to the seat.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 1 Dec 2006, 11:06

I asked FGW:

"Dear Mr Fairhurst

"Thank you for your email regarding the 0544 service between Hereford and London Paddington from December 2006.

"I can advise that there is an error in the timetable as this train is scheduled to run as an HST. I apologise for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused.

"Thank you again for your email and I trust this information is satisfactory to your needs. "

(Phew.)

Dave Sangwine
👍

Thu 30 Nov 2006, 21:19

Who has seen the new Dec 10th onwards timetable? Who's looked at it closely? You may have noticed that the 7:31 HST is arriving at 07:27, but I've noticed that it's going to be a 5-car Adelante!!! The earlier commuter train (current 6:41 3-car turbo) is becoming a 6:45 5-car Adelante also. This is fantastic for early risers who hate the turbo, but I pity the travellers on the usual early HST. The HST is often well on the way to packed when it gets to Charlbury (any time between 07:31 and 07:50 ish...). There is now only 1 HST inbound in the morning, but 3 outbound in the evening. I guess whenever GWR give something, they take something in return. I look forward with trepidation to the rush through those sliding doors at 07:27....

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.