O2 network down again

Duncan Forbes
👍

Mon 7 Sep 2015, 10:01

O2 signal has been adequate rather than brilliant here (Elm Crescent) for the last 12 years, but from July has been almost non-existent. Reluctant to change provider (inertia) but will have to if it doesn't improve soon.

Trevor Taylor
👍

Fri 4 Sep 2015, 16:49 (last edited on Fri 4 Sep 2015, 16:52)

Following all the problems we have been having with O2 and Vodafone service and the unsatisfactory responses we have been getting from the companies I wrote to David Cameron asking if there was anything he could do as our local MP. He is also suffering from the issues surrounding the Charlbury mast!

He is supporting our cause and has been in touch with O2 management.

It would help me to present our case to O2 management if I could get an idea of the number of people affected and where you live.

I am also keeping the local print and broadcast media up to date with developments.

If you are suffering lousy mobile phone coverage please don't sit back and put up with it, let me know and together we can bring about an improvement.

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 3 Sep 2015, 14:16

I still can't get any reception on the o2 network since the recent problems, so I called them again this morning. They have offered me interim compensation, but have no idea when full service will be restored as there is still work ongoing on the mast apparently. It's been six weeks now, so in another few weeks, I'm going to ask to be released from my contract so that I can switch to EE. I just wanted to check whether the consensus is still that EE has the best coverage around Charlbury. Thanks in advance

Stephen Andrews
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 12:39 (last edited on Thu 6 Aug 2015, 12:41)

With great timing for Wilderness the O2 network is down again! Now back - hokey cokey!

Susie Burnett
👍

Wed 5 Aug 2015, 19:48

I've just received an email from O2 saying that they are going to be 'carrying out some maintenance on our phone masts in your area' on 11 August.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 4 Aug 2015, 22:22

No not as far as my phone is concerned. In fact I have a better signal today than ever before - 4 blobs!

Suzy M-H
👍

Tue 4 Aug 2015, 21:09

Does this apply to Vodafone too?

Susie Burnett
👍

Tue 4 Aug 2015, 17:36

Having made a formal complaint by email to O2, which included links to the BBC & press coverage, I've just received a call (although on my mobile, of course!) to say that there is still likely to be some disruption to the network because when they started work on the mast further problems were discovered that need addressing. I have been promised compensation once all work is completed and also that I will be notified of any further disruption via email and not text. We shall see if O2 live up to their promises, but they now seem well aware of the general feeling amongst Charlbury customers and also of the on-going press coverage, so perhaps they will finally start taking our complaints more seriously. I would advise anyone who has experienced problems to register their complaints formally by email or in writing rather than by the chat service as this seems to at least get a response from someone who is aware of what is going on.

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 4 Aug 2015, 09:28

Just went to use my phone. Zilch, nada again. No warning.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.