Re: Freeview

Dave Sangwine
👍

Thu 7 Dec 2006, 20:02

Please go to http://dtt-tx-info.org/mux/oxford.php and you'll see....

graham W
👍

Thu 7 Dec 2006, 19:40

David, I assume that it is Beckley (as Bexley is in S/E London!)or is it a very very high gain arial

Dave Sangwine
👍

Thu 7 Dec 2006, 18:57

I've recently added a new high-gain aerial to my roof (pointed at Bexley) and can receive the BBC channels (1/2/3/4/News24/CBeebies) and the sky news channels (news/sportsnews). Also E4+1 but no E4. No sign on the wavebands of ITV or 4 or 5 though (yet). The signal strengths on channels 34 and 48 are really quite good. As soon as I start receiving the ITV channels, I'll be cancelling my sky subscription, though that may not be until 2011.

Geoff Belcher
👍

Sat 2 Dec 2006, 08:12

JOHN,Most instructions tell you to use scart as well as the RF LEAD, but in Charlbury you still need to be in a good signal area, to line up your aerial for best reception you really need a signal strength meter as used by the experts.

john h
👍

Fri 1 Dec 2006, 23:23

GEOFF
JUST A THOUGHT, WORKED FOR ME, AT TOP END OF TOWN .

Geoff Belcher
👍

Fri 1 Dec 2006, 07:49

If you have no signal strength scart will not work miracles, the box needs signal to send up scart,

john h
👍

Thu 30 Nov 2006, 19:44

Alex have you connected your box to your tv with a scart lead, had the same problem nothing! connected via scart lead, ok. some time ago permision was sought to upgrade wilcot transmitter, but the tree huggers brigade objected.

Geoff Belcher
👍

Thu 30 Nov 2006, 08:00

Banbury Aerials carry an asortment of boosters, also can test for reception from your foof top aerial position, like a lot of things it sometimes requires experts to sort it for you,by the way charlbury was not the last to recive Broadband,some people still do not have it also many people recieving Freeview here.

Alex Flynn
👍

Wed 29 Nov 2006, 23:45

Just a picture would be nice!

Geoff Belcher
👍

Wed 29 Nov 2006, 23:34

I get Freeview, you do need a High gain aerial pointed to Beckley, I also have a booster, all supplied by Banbury Aerials they did a great job even retuned the teles. You cant really expect to pick up digital signal on old style aerial and expect perfect picture!

russell robson
👍

Wed 29 Nov 2006, 19:42

We get Freeview on an cheap ebay box. Channels include BBC 3,4 film 4, and the best, cbeebies.

We have a ten year old aerial pointed at Walcot.

I'm afraid the topography is beating the technology at the moment.

We were told we need a new arial, but it is more down to the quality of the set top box.

Alex Flynn
👍

Wed 29 Nov 2006, 19:15

Before I return the box, can anyone recommend a signal booster powerful enough for Charlbury?

Alex Flynn
👍

Wed 29 Nov 2006, 19:10

According to the Freeview website, by my postcode:

"The good news is you can get some of the Freeview TV channels and radio stations in your area, but not the full line up. Have a look below for the channels you can see right now.

"After the big digital switchover, where all television will go digital between 2008 and 2012, you should be able to get the full Freeview service.

"We think your aerial might need a bit of direction, so an installer might need to tinker with it. Just visit www.cai.org.uk or www.idsc.uk.com to find a local aerial installer.

"Once this is done all you have to do is buy a digital box with prices starting from £40, a digital TV or digital TV recorder. Find out more in our digital boxes and TVs section.
Tell us what you think and you could win £500*
We are conducting a survey to find out what you think of Freeview. To take part simply fill in your name and email address below and our independent research agency (TNS) will contact you shortly."

I've tried a Freeview box today and can't get anything! My rooftop aerial was looked at about a year ago! Why do we always have to be amoungst the last to get any technologcal service in Charlbury? It was the same with broadband!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.