No EE signal in Charlbury town centre

James Styring
👍

Wed 29 Jul 2015, 11:51 (last edited on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 11:51)

I didn't realise it was limited to certain phones - ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/wifi-calling

Who can get WiFi Calling

Pay monthly and small business: New and existing customers on EE pay monthly plans and existing small business customers can get WiFi Calling. It's not available on pay as you go right now.

To start with, WiFi Calling is available on the following phones:
iPhone 5s, 5c, 6 and 6 Plus
Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S5

WiFi Calling is only supported by the EE version of Android and Windows devices, which can only be bought directly from us in one of our stores, online at EE.co.uk, or through our telesales team. Android and Windows devices bought from other retailers will not be able to support WiFi Calling.

John Munro
👍

Wed 29 Jul 2015, 00:00

Unfortunately, as a 'business user' with EE I am still waiting to benefit from this offering, as EE decided to 'test' the service with personal account holders first before rolling out to business accounts!
As far as I am aware EE is the only company to offer the system without the need for a separate app to make it work.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Tue 28 Jul 2015, 23:24

I can also vouch for the "Three in touch" wifi service in Charlbury if the three signal disappears, which it does some times indoors. It is done outside, but inside the house can be a bit chancy.

Jeremy Baldock
👍

Tue 28 Jul 2015, 19:50

I've been using the Three version of this "Three in Touch" for the 6-9 months. I still cannot get a signal anywhere in the house but using the Three in Touch app I can make or receive calls and texts in our house or anywhere else there is a poor mobile signal if I'm logged into a local WiFi. It's not perfect but it's certainly better than without the app.

Peter Evans
👍

Tue 28 Jul 2015, 17:36

I've had this service for a few months now, and it's great not to have to leave the phone by the kitchen window to get a signal!

john h
👍

Tue 28 Jul 2015, 16:46

How do I obtain this service. John H

James Styring
👍

Tue 28 Jul 2015, 10:37

The good thing about EE is that they have just launched a free service called 'WiFi calling': it means you can text and make calls over WiFi when there is no reception. It's only been out a week or so but it works very well. Your phone switches automatically to 'WiFi calling' as soon as reception drops out. Do other networks offer this? A matter of time if not, I suspect.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 27 Jul 2015, 22:29

This isn't anything new. EE reception is rubbish in Charlbury. I thought I'd just post this to give the O2/Vodafone folks some company.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.