A Winters Ale Congs

Igor Goldkind
👍

Tue 28 Nov 2006, 19:17

I thought the blacked-up minstrel-style narrator was particularly entertaining.

S.Pendelberry
👍

Tue 28 Nov 2006, 08:31

In response to Mr W:

His Lordship, as many will know, has now moved with the new Lady Grotney to his other mansion, where he is devoting his renowned acumen to social entrepreneurialism.

He will, of course, be too busy to contribute to this forum - not least because so much of his time will be spent restoring his reputation in the courts after the C.R.A.P. theatricals.

But he will be maintaining his lively interest in the affairs of Charlbury. And no doubt he will instruct me to share on this forum those of his views he might be pleased to impart to the lower orders.

Deleted user
👍

Sun 26 Nov 2006, 19:00

We thought it was absolutely fantastic and very funny. Well done to all concerned.

graham W
👍

Sat 25 Nov 2006, 17:18

In reference to the rather obnoxious reply from S Pendlebury, Will the Rt Hon (Debatable)Lord Grotney have any say in some of the very important threads that raise themselves on the Forum i.e. Mobile Hairdresser, Speed Bumps, Shoe Repair enquiry etc. and most importantly "I Stole and the Tea & Bisciuts. If he who he says he is then he should respond promptly.

I put my idea to the forum.

Rachael Lunney
👍

Sat 25 Nov 2006, 11:18

It only a play, about chatlbury and all the profit is going to local projects. to benfit the people of charblury which we need. It nice t see a lot of youth invold in the prdouctions it gives them something to do. I had to add that the play is sold out so it had to be good or a lot of people want to go and see it.

S.Pendelberry
👍

Sat 25 Nov 2006, 10:27

As Personal Secretary to Lord Grotney, I must protest at Ms Lunney's comments.

This play scandalously misrepresents the sterling work His Lordship has done for the community over so many years. It depicts him as a callous, uncaring, money-grubber. And the references it makes to Lady Ermintrude, his late wife, are beneath contempt.

The fact that it has been produced and crafted with outstanding professionalism does nothing to mitigate the libel. Indeed, in His Lordship's view, it makes matters worse.

The producers - Charlbury Real Ale Productilons - will soon be hearing from His Lordship's solicitors

Scofulous Pendelberry (Mr)
Amanuensis to the Rt Hon, the Lord Grotney

Rachael Lunney
👍

Sat 25 Nov 2006, 08:08

I just want to say well done to the cast and crew on a brillant
productions really good, and funny in places.
it shows want charlbury people can really do so well done.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.