Vinyl Solution

Peter Bridgman
👍

Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:27

Unfortunately another clash, This time it is with the Variety Show on 28th Nov Peter

David McCutcheon
👍

Mon 19 Oct 2015, 15:07

Indeed it is a shame Peter. Your contributions were always welcome. Whether the shift to Saturday becomes permanent remains to be seen.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Sun 18 Oct 2015, 22:18

Oh Dear, what a shame! You've changed to a Saturday night instead of Sunday so I can't come as I have other commitments on Saturdays and I was enjoying vinyl.

David McCutcheon
👍

Sun 18 Oct 2015, 21:49

Only a week now until Vinyl Solution VI. After a month off, we are raring to go!

We have new kit, I've done a bit of crate digging, and there is a Guest Host booked who (according to reports) was only last week scouring the record shops of London to refine his selection. I'm very looking forward to hearing what he plays.

And a reminder for you - we have moved now to Saturday nights - so it's 24th October at 8pm.

Plus I'm introducing a new feature to the night. For the early birds among you, I'll be warming us up by introducing a 'mini-showcase'. This may feature tracks from a particular label, or from a city, a band, or even a mood. And the first 'mini-showcase' is...

...well, wait and see.

David McCutcheon
👍

Fri 25 Sep 2015, 08:05

Thanks Steven. I know Kevin from Footprints, and we will be doing some business on Saturday!

Steven Fairhurst Jones
👍

Thu 24 Sep 2015, 20:08

In the meantime you could go to the record fair at Witney Town Hall this Saturday and still be back in time for the rugby: www.footprintsvinylrecords.com/ (advertised in Charlbury Post Office too)

David McCutcheon
👍

Mon 21 Sep 2015, 14:31

It seems that there is a minor rugby game on Saturday 26th at 8pm, England vs. Wales. So no vinyl night I'm afraid. We have looked at other available dates, but none really suit, so Septembers' event is cancelled. We'll be back in October alive and kicking and better than ever!

David McCutcheon
👍

Tue 18 Aug 2015, 07:49

This months date is Sunday 30th August Peter. I'll list it in the events section now.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Mon 17 Aug 2015, 21:56

David, Will there be or has there already been a vinyl evening in August? If not when is the next evening planned for? I have looked through 'events' but could not find it.

David McCutcheon
👍

Mon 20 Jul 2015, 09:17

Hello Peter. Thank you for attending last night and I'm pleased that you derived some enjoyment from the event. I expect most of the conversation revolved around the music and what was being played, but all the same I'm sorry that your enjoyment was spoiled.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Mon 20 Jul 2015, 09:02

I went to the Vinyl evening last night and very enjoyable it was until several groups of people began talking among themselves and making the music unlistenable so I departed. I may try once more but if people only want to go to talk rather than listen, it will be my last visit.

David McCutcheon
👍

Mon 6 Jul 2015, 07:42

19 July Simon. Then watch the events calendar on this site.

Simon Fenn
👍

Sun 5 Jul 2015, 17:04

Cool. When's the next one?

David McCutcheon
👍

Thu 2 Jul 2015, 21:37

Better late than never, but I'd like to thank everyone who came down to the 3rd Vinyl night at the Rose and Crown on Sunday.
You may have seen it in the Events Calendar, and decided that the event is not for you. Every month it gets better as we refine the format and the word spreads. On Sunday we had an audience of 30 listening to records together, on a super sounding system, and I think it's safe to say that each and every one of them had a good night.
The best commendation I had was from a 21-yr old who told me how refreshing it was to see a group of people in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's & 60's enjoying that kind of evening together.
I can't begin to tell you about the variety of music that has been played so far. I think the earliest must have been a Nina Simone or Paul Robeson track, and the latest from June this year. The host for July is threatening to play some Chopin, so it really is that kind of anything goes night. To share music you love and maybe discover something new.
So brush off those old records stored in the loft, bring them along and let them live again!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.