Play area in Sturt close

Amanda Epps
👍

Thu 25 Jun 2015, 11:54

The Town Council were responsible for the Play Area. When I was on the Town Council (2000-8), there were many complaints about vandalism of the equipment and anti-social behaviour in the Play Area. With the help of the Head of the Primary School, I had a session with the children who lived near the Play Area. We discussed practical improvements such as 2 goalposts (there was only one!), swings for babies etc. The Town Council funded these only for the equipment to be vandalised yet again. The younger children were playing on the street as they did not feel safe in the Play Area with the older youths hanging about and broken glass and rubbish strewn around. It was then decided to cease spending money on continuing repairs and the land reverted to probably Cottsway.

Jim Holah
👍

Tue 23 Jun 2015, 16:00

I think you'll find that land belongs to Cottsway Housing Association, based in Witney

Liz Soar
👍

Tue 23 Jun 2015, 14:31

Is the Town Council responsible for the Sturt Close play area? If so, then I recommend sending them an email. I emailed about the Ticknell Piece Road play equipment earlier this month and have had a very quick and helpful response.

Andy Graham
👍

Tue 23 Jun 2015, 13:39

Residents in Sturt Close want the play equipment reinstalled in the recreation ground behind their houses. In the past there has been some vandalism but apparently that was some time ago and the youngsters involved have moved on. TYhe children are playing in the street (not the best of places) so is it time for a rethink? A petition is being signed at the Londis supermarket so sign up!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.