Speed Bumps in Nine Acres Lane

Igor Goldkind
👍

Wed 29 Nov 2006, 09:19

Incredible, are you a professional comedian?

john h
👍

Tue 28 Nov 2006, 23:04

Igor
Soon be some good second hand humps on the market!!

Igor Goldkind
👍

Tue 28 Nov 2006, 13:46

Wish they'd put some on The Slade.

tracy light
👍

Tue 28 Nov 2006, 11:27

new barn garage
we all say if you drive over them properly yo ushouldnt damage any suspension on any vehicle (slow down)

graham W
👍

Thu 23 Nov 2006, 16:42

I agree with you Meg, I wasn't saying that remove the speed reduction principle just the method, I was thinking more along the lines of a Chicane type obstruction, and do agree with something on the Slade.

derek
👍

Thu 23 Nov 2006, 11:44

I am happy that people have had a good service from the garage, in some cases over many years I however did not.

I accept my comments may not have been directly relevent to the orginal subject, after all i travel over many speed bumps and perhaps the garage was not refereing to those in nine acres in particular.
My remarks though 'unkind' are my remarks and if you find them unneccesary then so be it.
I simply begrudge being asked for in excess of a thousand pounds for a problem that did not exist at the time and has not presented itself in the 20 months since.

In response to meg, i think the speed bumps have little effect as most people simply drive between the two pillows, perhaps these are the people that havn't had grahams problem and expense.

Megan Bell
👍

Thu 23 Nov 2006, 10:57

It's a shame that speed bumps are so often only discussed in the same breath as "oh what a pain they are" rather than remembering that they actually help slow drivers down. This makes town roads much safer, especially for pedestrians - children crossing to the nearby playground for example. I wish there were more traffic calming measures in Charlbury (proper crossing on the Slade for example) and I wish drivers here drove more slowly when going through the town. Oh and not parking on pavements would be nice for us pedestrians too.

Derek Collett
👍

Wed 22 Nov 2006, 20:35

I use Nine Acres Lane quite often and my tyres have not yet been damaged...

john h
👍

Wed 22 Nov 2006, 20:07

You will be glad to know that the humps in Nine Acres Lane are going to be removed, and replaced with hatching. Statement made at Public Meeting last Friday, by OCC.

graham W
👍

Wed 22 Nov 2006, 16:58

This thread was purely for comments on the speed bumps only, in relpy to Derek's quote "what are you doing to your tyres" - the tyres where wearing out on the inside because of the tracking was out of alignment.
And as for service from the Charlbury Garage i have nothing but praise for Gerry & Dean along with thier team I have used them for 26 years for all my cars with NO problem what so ever

Chris Tatton
👍

Wed 22 Nov 2006, 14:35

Well I have had nothing but excellent service from the staff at Charlbury garage over the years. It seems a shame that some want to make unnecessary and unkind remarks.

derek
👍

Wed 22 Nov 2006, 12:25

What are you doing to damage your tyres in this way???
Personaly i would take any thing that charlbury garage say with a heap of salt.
they wanted to charge me £1200 to get my car throught it's MOT, main thing being the front suspension (they said caused by speed bumps, coincidence?), told them to take a hike and took it to another garage that afternoon and no need for any work.

graham W
👍

Tue 21 Nov 2006, 20:49

Obce again I've just two new tyres fitted (at great expence)and tracking re-aligned on my car. According to Charlbury Garage this is because of the speed bumps,since these things have been installed they number of people bringing in thier vehicles into them with tracking (leading to tyre wear)and suspension has increased. has this been the case with anyone else? If so, perhaps a petition

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.