BT Broadband Cabinet 3 and advice

Simon Tibbitts
👍

Sun 7 Jun 2015, 18:24

Cabinet 3 was upgraded on the 24th April. I ordered mine on 27th April and got it installed on the 12th May. I am getting 66Mbps download and 20Mbps upload. Previously was getting 12Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.

I went with Zen Internet because I needed someone good and I needed a static IP address. I called them and they gave me a better price than their website. I am paying £48.39 per month for line rental, the best broadband package and unlimited anytime calls.

Other than Zen I would recommend PlusNet.

Ian Lewis
👍

Sun 7 Jun 2015, 10:42

Just this week had Infinity 2 enabled on cabinet 3. I didn't receive any update from Openreach but knowing that it was supposed to be June I checked around 20th May and saw that it was available. Currently connecting with 78Mbps download and 18Mbps uploading.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 7 Jun 2015, 10:32

For those at the top of town (Ticknell Piece, Ditchley Rd. area), it looks as if Cabinet 3 has at last been converted to enable fibre optic broadband. This now offers BT Infinity 1 as an option, along with PlusNet fibre products and Sky Fibre Broadband. I am not sure when this happened. I thought I would get a message from BT, but it has just happened silently.Or maybe I missed a post about this on the forum.

I would be interested in knowing what decisions other people made when these options became available. I will be upgrading my TV etc. soon, so want to make the right decision. I won't go with Sky. I may try Chromecast, but am finding the range of choices extremely confusing.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.