Oxford taxi cost

Helen Chapman
👍

Sat 6 Jun 2015, 19:30

Jim Pearce won't charge as much as £40. Give him a call to pre-book I think his number is on the business pages.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 6 Jun 2015, 15:37

Thanks Peter. We knew that there would be one at 23.45, but we were tired and didn't want to wait!

Peter Evans
👍

Sat 6 Jun 2015, 14:43

S3 Oxford to Charlbury on Saturday at 21:45 and 23:45 - we use regularly

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 6 Jun 2015, 13:51

Apologies Brian. I just told it how it was. We do not have a car and we use all the local taxi firms depending on availability. You are right, we should have checked the S3 timetable first. We just assumed that there would be one back from Oxford to Charlbury on a Saturday. Assumptions are dangerous. Lesson learnt. Thanks for your contribution.

Brian Murray
👍

Fri 5 Jun 2015, 22:25

Hannen, you make this posting read like an advert for Blenheim Taxis.
You seem to be telling us that you went to Jericho without checking how you would get home and tell us that really nice people managed to get you home. Then you ask the cost of a taxi from Oxford to Charlbury. I've got nothing at all against Blenheim and good luck to them but come on .............

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 5 Jun 2015, 16:46

Sounds about right. Last Saturday my Wife and I went to the cinema in Jericho and then found we couldn't get an S3 to Charlbury - only to Woodstock, so we did that and called Blenheim Taxis (who are really nice people), and one of them drove us home (from Woodstock) for £20. As the taxi was there within 5 minutes we thought it well worth it.

Matt Bullock
👍

Fri 5 Jun 2015, 15:29

Around £40 last time I did it; pre-book with a private hire firm and agree the price beforehand!

Felicity Tarnell
👍

Fri 5 Jun 2015, 15:10

Hello,

With the last bus/train service from Oxford being at midnight, does anyone know roughly how much a taxi from Oxford to Charlbury is likely to cost at the weekend?

Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.