Shoe Repair Query

John Munro
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2006, 17:39

Yes, I guess we should 'toe' the line again!

graham W
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2006, 17:29

SHOULD Read,

Sorry could NOT help it,

obviously fingers working much faster than brain

graham W
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2006, 15:18

Sorry Christine, but could help it,

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2006, 14:19

Thank you, especially to Stuart & Judy! There are really good suggestions here, in amongst the corn!

John Munro
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2006, 11:46

I feel a bit of a "heal" mentioning it, but humour on the Charlbury website - it won't "last" - you will get people "lacing" messages with witty comments and then making hilarity the "sole" reason for posting a message. People will then want to respond simply to keep "in-step". I guess this reply is a bit "tongue" in cheek!

john h
👍

Fri 17 Nov 2006, 18:55

Cobblers?? try some of the postings on the forum ! only kidding

graham W
👍

Fri 17 Nov 2006, 18:00

I've got one of those shoe last things, just pop into Woolies buy some stick on soles / heels hey presto, your shoes repaired at a fraction of the cost and no travelling - that'll please the green brigade. Here is a good tip in how to save shoe wear, take bigger strides

Stuart Moss
👍

Fri 17 Nov 2006, 12:26

Hi Christine;
There is a really good old fashioned cobblers in Kidlington, on the High Street, opposite 'Bartlett's Butchers' and next to 'Iceland' my Dad and I have been taking our shoes there for many, many years. The prices have started to go up recently, but the craftmanship is fantastic and all done on site by the owners.Very good value for money.

Judy Kinchella
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2006, 21:25

I always use the one in Woodstock, just past the Puchbowl (I think it's called that) on the left hand side. I have found him to be good at a reasonable price.

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2006, 14:38

Can anyone recommend a really good cobbler? The one I used to use has closed, and I have not got on particularly well with the large chains.

I don't mind travelling a bit to somebody really good, but I do prefer to take the shoes in myself so that I can discuss what needs to be done.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.