double glazing salesmen

lucie_1506@hotmail.com
👍

Sun 26 Nov 2006, 22:56

well he asked me whether my mum or dad were in? rather amusing given i am 36! after telling him the house was rented he still tried to continue to sell the windows to me, i explained again, the house was rented.... eventually it seemed to sink in, but not to be deterred, he then proceeded to ask me whether i would like to spend around 10 minutes to look at the samples he had, so i could tell the letting agent about them, or if i was to buy a house in the future!!??

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2006, 17:39

He asked if I was the home owner. I said no and he promptly went away :-)

Frank Payne
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2006, 17:51

It sounds like the same person that called on Christine, very persistant, and somewhat aggresive. I also did feel that he was trying to gain entry to people's houses for reasons other than selling windows.

graham W
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2006, 16:16

The best way I have found to get rid of cold callers (inc. telephone ones) who offer double glazing, conservatories etc is to say that the house is rented.

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2006, 14:31

Was this the shaven-headed chap who was selling so-called 'Security Windows & Doors' after dark yesterday evening? A protection against burglars was what he told me.

He claimed to be following up on a leaflet that had been put through the door last week, but nothing had come round.

I'm afraid I also don't know the name of the firm, but it had 'BOGOFF' (very appealing!) written in large letters on the front. He was rather aggressive when I said I had no interest at all in talking to him.

I thought it was some kind of scam & that he was attempting to get entrance to the house to look round. I found his whole manner very supicious.

It is worth alerting others to this, especially since Frank was clearly given a different story.

Frank Payne
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2006, 08:27

Sorry, as I wasn't interested in buying I never asked what company, and he never offered a name or identification.

Gary McAlea
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2006, 00:49

Come on name and shame let us know who they are.

Gary McAlea
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2006, 00:48

Found if you call dog to the door and tell them the dog can get down the path in 5 seconds you never have any saslespersons at your door again. (also works well with political parties as well).
Seriously though if you get a name trading standards can do them for that now if enough people contact them.

Why not name and shame the firm here? Let us all know who to look out for

Frank Payne
👍

Wed 15 Nov 2006, 19:30

Locals should beware that there are double glazing salesmen knocking on doors in Chralbury trying to sell UPVC windows and doors as replacements for wooden fittings. That's fine if you want to have them fitted. However, my experience earlier this evening, after expressing no interest, was to be told that anyone with wooden windows or doors will have their council tax raised next year - an absolute blatant lie, which I told him as such. My worry is that there are a fair number of elderly residents here who might be taken in by this rubbish.

Frank

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.