Passing of John Crockford

Heather Hill
👍

Wed 20 May 2015, 20:16

Josh on behalf of the members of Charlbury Bowls Club I would like to offer our condolences. John wasn't a member for long but was very well liked and will be missed.

Leah Fowler
👍

Sun 17 May 2015, 09:43

When Rosie Alder at the shop in Market Street had a fire, the fireman asked me if I could get a builder, At MIDNIGHT, I phoned John and he came and sawed out the beam which was on fire so that less damage was done.

Leah Fowler
👍

Sun 17 May 2015, 07:59 (last edited on Sun 17 May 2015, 11:03)

I have very fond memories of John over 55yrs, he was an apprentice to Monty Shayler from Finstock when we had what is now Greenfingers rebuilt inside.The foreman was Buzzer Pratley, who was probably the one who encouraged John to swing from the rooftops to the consternation of all who watched.

Liz Reason
👍

Fri 15 May 2015, 08:28

John has been a fixture on the streets of Charlbury for all the time we have lived here. We will miss him.

Jamie Andrews
👍

Thu 14 May 2015, 17:48

Hi Josh, really sorry to hear that. Please pass my condolences to Sam and the rest of the family. I hope he has a good send-off next week. Jamie

Charlie M
👍

Thu 14 May 2015, 12:06

I would like to pass on my condolences to his family and friends.

Mark Sulik
👍

Wed 13 May 2015, 17:51

sorry hear the news.He will be missed by many. it was a pleasure to work along side him many years ago when i helped him refurbish a property in Market Street. I recall him being called "Johnny Market street" as he was always working in the same street for a number of years, going from building to building.

Josh Crockford
👍

Wed 13 May 2015, 13:46

It is with great sadness that we wish to inform you that our Father, John Crockford, has passed away. He died peacefully at home on Wednesday 13th May 2015. The funeral will take place at St. Mary's Church, Charlbury on Thursday 21st May at 2pm. Flowers or alternatively donations to Lawrence Home Nursing Team would be gratefully received.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.