Bi-centenary of Charlbury School.

Tony H Merry
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2015, 20:47

Actually John you can never be 'late'
As I understand it everything can be explained by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity so Time depends on the observer and is not absolute
I am sure some of the Physicists in Charlbury could explain this better.
It is also well known that OCC live in a different dimensional space to most of us in Charlbury so 'beam me up Scottie'
Anyway good luck with the Time Travel Club - It worked for H.G. Wells

john h
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2015, 11:49

Have I been beaten to the post with my time travel club?? The company that has road closure signs in Browns Lane And Sheep St,are starting their work on 12th of last month,I may go back and see what they are up to!and have a beer with old Wills.

Tony H Merry
👍

Sun 5 Apr 2015, 20:52

if you look you can always find old Wills there in the corner or maybe under the bar!

john h
👍

Sat 4 Apr 2015, 23:05

Who is old Wills? does he use any other Pubs in Town!!!

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 3 Apr 2015, 19:56

Yes Leah we would be spoilt for choice although my wife was looking at old wills and the Rose and Crown was there in 1690 and is still going strong!

Leah Fowler
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2015, 11:49

What about all those Public Houses!

Tony H Merry
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2015, 10:41

Good Idea John
How about also having a trip back to Dancers Hill when it was in operation. Could be a good way to control unruly elements in the Town. Also would like to get to meet Larkum Kendal to get the church clock fixed!

Ali Ross
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2015, 09:05

What an excellent opportunity to provide some traditional schooling to the minority of posters on this forum who desperately need a grounding in basic manners and ethics.

Leah Fowler
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2015, 07:56

Happy April Fool to you too

john h
👍

Wed 1 Apr 2015, 00:00

You may be aware that this year will see 200 years of schools in Charlbury.The Museum has an exhibition to celebrate this,opening this week end.Please do come along to have a look.

I think it would be wonderful idea to actually see this school in the 19th century.
I am proposing to set up a Charlbury Time Travel Club, where by we could visit this part of the Towns history,and experience what it was like for our predecessors being educated.
If you are interested in helping set this Club up,could you please meet me at the Charlbury Fountain last Thursday at 7pm. If all goes well, one trip could be to see the Fountain actually being built.Hope to see you there!!!. John H (Happy Birthday Richard)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.