Bull

Matt Bullock
👍

Wed 8 Apr 2015, 11:57

Should the pub be offered for an inflated value to try to demonstrate that it has been marketed and there was no interest, it would be worth as part of any representation against the appeal getting the property independently valued (plans are available from the original application).

Tony Morgan
👍

Wed 8 Apr 2015, 10:20

Don't know the planning answer to that but in business terms an independent valuation could be obtained and if offers around that were turned down I would hope the planners would reject any further application for change of use I have done some independent investigation and believe serious bidders are available who see the potential and would invest in a top class chef to maximise this as other similar businesses around Charlbury do successfully

Suzy M-H
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 21:41

What happens if, say, the price is set significantly higher than the market value and lower offers not accepted? Does that count as serious marketing as a going concern?

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 20:10

Hopefully - but that all depends on what the owners choose to do

Tony Morgan
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 16:47

Thanks Matt
Liz WODC ruling stated that one of the reasons for refusing the change of use request was the failure to market as a going concern.
Surely that means that an appeal would not succeed and that it has to be put on the market as a going concern
As it is apparent that there are several interested parties then hopefully the community asset option would not be required

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 16:11 (last edited on Tue 7 Apr 2015, 16:17)

I have just learned that WODC has added The Bull to its list of Assets of Community Value. This means that should the owners decide to try and sell it for housing the town can demand a six month moratorium on the sale in order to try and find someone to take it on and run it as a pub.

Matt Bullock
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 11:16

They have 6 months from the date of the decision, Tony

Tony Morgan
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 10:07

Liz is there a time limit on the appeal

Liz Leffman
👍

Sat 4 Apr 2015, 23:16 (last edited on Sat 4 Apr 2015, 23:17)

If the owners decide to appeal then we have the right to make representations to the planning inspector, in the same way as we did over the original application. But as yet an appeal has not been lodged, so there is nothing the council can do.

Romaine Schmidt
👍

Sat 4 Apr 2015, 18:21 (last edited on Sat 4 Apr 2015, 18:27)

I also know of a serious buyer who has a very successful pub/restaurant who has approached the current owners directly. Who is the correct contact at WODC?

Tony Morgan
👍

Tue 31 Mar 2015, 19:51 (last edited on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 20:44)

Then WODC need to be made aware of the parties interested in taking it over as a going concern
And people should reconsider their support!

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:50 (last edited on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:53)

I have had several people contact me about buying the Bull. However, I have also heard that the owners may be planning to appeal so as yet they have not put it on the market.

Tony Morgan
👍

Tue 31 Mar 2015, 09:34

I attach a copy of minutes placed in the public domain.
The last sentence is particularly interesting

Minutes of a meeting of the Charlbury Conservation Area Advisory Committee held at 8pm on Thursday 26 March 2015
3. Notice of planning applications decided.

The Secretary (JW) had checked the WODC website and reported that only one application - 14/02293/OUT, The Bull Inn - had been decided during March. The decision to refuse the application was welcomed by the committee. A copy of the reasons for refusal is attached at Annexe A. They included failure to market the premises as a pub, adverse effect on the special architectural and historic character and appearance of the building and erosion of the character and appearance of the Conservation Area. JW also drew members' attention to the helpful comments on the application made by John Chatwin, Design and Conservation Officer at WODC. HD mentioned that he had been contacted by a company keen to buy The Bull should it be placed on the market.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.