"I Stole"

graham W
👍

Fri 10 Nov 2006, 22:05

Now that I'm a long distance lorry driver,I carry a gas stove along with coffee and tea, but there have been some occasions when I have gone into the motorway service areas and taken milk and sugar, the milk is real pain as you need quite a few to fill a flask!

Dave Gamble
👍

Fri 10 Nov 2006, 14:16

No, it wasn't me. It's a long way from Lancashire to do something as mean as that.
I also tend to help myself to large quantities of serviettes from cafes & fast food joints. Drives my wife mad!

derek
👍

Fri 10 Nov 2006, 12:17

David, i hope those Faberge eggs arn't Jack o'lantens in disguise!!

On top of the Fire Hydrant already pointed out, i have also got a nice collection of burger king handy wipe up tissues and a huge collection of individual heniz sauce pots from a brewers fayre i visted. They are great for when we go camping.

Dave Gamble
👍

Fri 10 Nov 2006, 09:02

Before the painting was 'recovered' (damn the Scandinavian police!)it was free entrance but I am now charging £1 to look at a number of Faberge eggs I recently acquired!!

graham W
👍

Thu 9 Nov 2006, 18:30

Just pop round to David's house to see the painting, then on to mine to see the Mona Lisa. Two works of art on your doorstep, how easy is that. Not quite sure how much the entrance fee is though

Derek Collett
👍

Thu 9 Nov 2006, 18:24

I believe it has been recovered now Dave although sadly it hadn't when I visited the National Gallery in Oslo just over a year ago. I had to make do with looking at a copy. It would have been good to have seen the original as it is an image that has been wearied by constant reproduction in the visual media in my opinion.

Dave Gamble
👍

Thu 9 Nov 2006, 10:20

Graham W said he liked the idea of an "I Stole" topic & he mentioned the Mona Lisa.
In 2004, I was on holiday in Norway & "The Scream" by Edvard Munch was stolen. Well........................!!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.