Shared office space/hotdesk in new community centre?

James Styring
👍

Tue 21 Jun 2016, 13:28

Anyone in need of an office until the hot-desking club starts in the Corner House - check out www.charlbury.info/adverts/12062.

Charlie M
👍

Thu 23 Apr 2015, 08:23 (last edited on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 08:25)

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:28

Just to let you all know the hot desking club is going ahead in the Corner House - not the Community Centre, and if you have any queries on this, please contact either myself or Kathy Broughton who will be able to give you more information on this. Susie

James Styring
👍

Wed 22 Apr 2015, 10:41

Those of you who can't wait for the advent of hot-desking in the new community centre many like to rent a desk in my rather lovely office located next to the Deli in Sheep Street. Details on the Adverts page at www.charlbury.info/adverts/8588.

Kathy Broughton
👍

Wed 11 Mar 2015, 09:46

Yes. Anne Downer room in the Corner House at 8:00 PM.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Wed 11 Mar 2015, 07:28

Just checking this is still on for tonight?

Si

Angela Moore
👍

Sat 28 Feb 2015, 22:16

Thanks for organising, Susie.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sat 28 Feb 2015, 12:27

To all those interested an initial meeting will be held on 11 March at 8pm to be held in the Anne Downer Room in the Corner House. Can you let me know by email (susanna_finch@hotmail.com) if you intending to come and see you all then.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 27 Feb 2015, 12:18

Hi All, as soon as I have heard back from Jane on the best room for 11 March, I will confirm which room in the Corner House.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Fri 27 Feb 2015, 11:43

Back in Charlbury now - good to see this still active. 11th March, 8pm, Corner House works for me too.

Kathy Broughton
👍

Wed 25 Feb 2015, 17:00

Thanks for getting the room, Susie. I suggest 8 PM for the time. Is that okay?

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 24 Feb 2015, 22:49

I will organise the room and let you all know where etc

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Tue 24 Feb 2015, 20:50

Count me in. Thanks for organising angela.

Angela Moore
👍

Tue 24 Feb 2015, 20:22

Shall we say 11 March? Give as many people as poss the chance to come. Corner House would be great - not sure how I go about organising that. Is it something you can easily do Susie (or tell me how to.)

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 24 Feb 2015, 13:11

I am available on 4th and 11th March. evening time only afraid. Why cant we meet in the Corner House as part of the group looking into additional uses for the Corner House?

Kathy Broughton
👍

Tue 24 Feb 2015, 11:16

I'm available on March 4th, 5th and 11th, evening or during the day (amazing, that). I would like to be part of the initial discussion. Do you have in mind an informal venue--home, pub--or a booked room?

Angela Moore
👍

Tue 24 Feb 2015, 09:49

Could Susie, Kathy or Tony be available to join us on Weds 4 March, Thurs 5 March or Weds 11 March?

Liz Reason
👍

Wed 18 Feb 2015, 16:27

A couple of years ago we had a ToE grant to fund an energy consultant to advise on how to make the Corner House more warm and comfortable. So proposals for future use should be linked to a sympathetic refurbishment.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 18 Feb 2015, 14:15

Sorry but if you wish to meet on 2 March, that is the same date as the Corner House and Memorial Hall meeting and which neither Kathy, Ron or myself could attend. The following Monday is the date when the sub-committee of the Corner House looking into this meets, so its best to choose a day that isn't a Monday.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Wed 18 Feb 2015, 09:56

I'm up for the 2nd and agree that it might be simplest for the Corner house to get a single collective message identifying numbers of people who would be interested and the facilities desired. But it may also be helpful to us if Tony or Kathy could also come on the 2nd and be involved in the discussion from the outset. They will have a better idea of the starting position of the CH options.

As a heritage advisor on listed buildings I am afraid that the rooftop Jacuzzi is unlikely to be feasible! A past-the-yard-arm drinks cabinet very achievable - or is that the R+C?

Angela Moore
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2015, 22:46

Sorry to have started this and then vanished - I have been swamped at work.

I think it's sensible to get an idea of the kind of facilities we'd like (eg Liz's copying/printing) and get all our thoughts in one place before we speak to Kathy and/or Tony.

How about we meet on the evening of 2 March, as Simon suggests? If you can't come, email me your thoughts or a wishlist through my address on the forum. Simon, do you want to pick a pub?

(Do you think the rooftop bar and jacuzzi are must-haves, or nice-to-haves?)

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2015, 19:33

Really glad this is getting some momentum... I'm unfortunately away working in Germany for most of next week and busy every evening and lunchtime for the rest of this week. I'd be up for meeting one evening/lunchtime over a pint week commencing 2nd March if that is useful to anyone?

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2015, 18:18

Can I suggest that all those interested in renting shared office space in the Corner House email Kathy Broughton through the website. She is joint chair of the sub committee looking into this for the Corner House. Alternatively you could email her on her Town Council email which is kathyb@charlburytowncouncil.co.uk or email me and I will make sure she gets them.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2015, 18:05

Whom should we mail to arrange said meeting? You Tony? I agree that the corner house would be ideal in its flexibility for many users rather than a privately rented office space who've presumably would be more restrictive, my working arrangements are so flexible (varied site visits, meetings, trips) that flexibility is key.

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2015, 17:52

As Kathy said this is something which could be arranged right now in the Corner House. There would be a number of possibilities and I am sure a reasonable rent could be negotiated. We are currently looking at the options for future use of the Corner House as well especially with the move of the library so as others have said we would be really interested in meeting those who have posted on this topic to judge the demand and to see what we could do to provide all the facilities to promote shared office space. After all the object of the charity is to provide space for the good of local people and I think this would be something very worthwhile we could do. If people would like to use the mail facility of this forum then we could set up a meeting very quickly. Incidentally I also work from home and could well make use of such a facility.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2015, 17:26

I'd be interested.

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2015, 16:13

I'd be interested in sharing good printing and photocopying facilities.

Brett Porter
👍

Mon 16 Feb 2015, 15:38

I would certainly be interested in this.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Mon 16 Feb 2015, 13:20

Seems like there is quite a bit of interest just from the few replies above. Are there other spaces in Charlbury where for a small rent several of us could have some space to work from? From time to time I've seen office space advertised but had never thought of doing it collectively before reading the comments in this thread. I'd be happy to tip a bit in the kitty if something came up, would save having to have the heaters on in my conservatory all day at this time of year!

Holly Dutton
👍

Mon 16 Feb 2015, 13:09

Yes, it would be great to have a shared working space. Likewise, I work from home a lot and would love to have somewhere else I could work from, to have a change of scenery and meet similar people.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:21

I work from home in Charlbury 4 days a week. It has its advantages, but I'd rather work from a shared space with other people to be honest. I miss the daily interaction with other real people, and find the only interaction being online is making work less enjoyable than it used to be. Somewhere I can walk to and work with facilities a few times a week would be wonderful. I suspect that others who are in similar situations probably feel the same.

Liz Reason
👍

Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:29

Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum could help establish demand by including a question or questions on this in a survey it may be planning.

Kathy Broughton
👍

Sun 15 Feb 2015, 23:53

I can confirm that the Corner House committee has shared office space on its list of possible uses for the building. We'd love to hear from anyone interested in having this facility so we can get an idea of what the demand actually is.

Caroline Shenton
👍

Sun 15 Feb 2015, 14:12

Co-working very popular nowadays among freelancers - would be an excellent development.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Sat 14 Feb 2015, 20:02

I think that might be even better. More personal scaled rooms and a good way of adding value to the existing community facilities.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 14 Feb 2015, 19:39

I believe there's been some informal talk of providing such a facility in the Corner House when the library moves up to the new Community Centre. I'd be all for it.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Sat 14 Feb 2015, 19:24

I would! I too am generally based from home, working three days a week, but don't have enough space for a specific office area. Would definitely support and use, particularly on long reporting days when I need to avoid distractions that are all to close at home.

Angela Moore
👍

Sat 14 Feb 2015, 18:26

I don't know if the plans for the community centre are now too far down the road for this. But I wondered if there would be any interest in a shared office facility there? I am thinking occasional hotdesking, rather than long-term rental. I work at my dining room table half the week and I could certainly use another alternative occasionally (likewhen my broadband disappears or the house is over-run with children.)

Would anyone else potentially be interested in this?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.