👍

Thu 20 Dec 2018, 17:46

Next time you receive a nuisance call or text, report it here:

https://www.which.co.uk/tools/report-a-call-or-text/

The law has changed.

Debbie Howse
👍

Thu 20 Dec 2018, 14:24

I received a call today too. A man from BT this time. During our call, I suggested Xmas was a dreadful time of year for him to prey on vulnerable people. He then started singing Jingle Bells! Definite confirmation that it was a scam!

Helen Holwill
👍

Thu 20 Dec 2018, 14:17

I've just received a similar call from 01552 2262168, telling me there's been a breach and someone has accessed my broadband and information. He knew my first name and asked me to restart my router, which I did before I got suspicious. Very convincing. I've checked with Talk Talk and they've confirmed it's a scam.

Debbie Howse
👍

Mon 2 Feb 2015, 11:36

If you receive a phone call from a company purporting to be Talk Talk, asking you to help them resolve a local broadband issue by downloading software, please be aware that this is a scam and hangup. Posting this alert as I have just received such a call.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.