Land by River Evenlode

Rob Stepney
👍

Tue 27 Jan 2015, 20:10

And Shorthampton Church has some interesting (if fragmentary) medieval wall paintings including a rare Miracle of the Clay Birds, and St Zita (patron saint of housemaids) complete with shopping bag.

Mike Williams
👍

Mon 26 Jan 2015, 22:48 (last edited on Mon 26 Jan 2015, 22:55)

From the B4437 you can walk north towards Walcot Farm Cottages and continue on a public footpath which turns gently to the west before it joins Catsham Lane near Shorehampton. Good views of the valley.

Put this map reference SP34641973 into this site maps.the-hug.net/ to see the route.
Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs.

john h
👍

Mon 26 Jan 2015, 18:06

I believe the 2 sections you mention are privately owned.You can walk on the Mill Field.Entrance just passed river bridge heading into Town. Or could join the angling club and have access to these banks. Enjoy

bARRY LEVITT
👍

Mon 26 Jan 2015, 15:54

I intend visiting Charlbury in the next month and wanted to ask a question about the land by the River Evenlode. There are 2 sections divided by the B4437 Forest Rd. The Northern bit between the river and the cricket club, and the Southern bit between the train station and the river. I'd like to know if it would be alright to walk and sit along these stretches or is it all private. Many thanks. BL.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.