Dog Poop Woman

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Mon 9 Mar 2015, 18:01

Should put signs up saying that the poo fairy will not be visiting here. Please dispose of your poo appropriately! This has been done up in cheshire & seems to have had a positive affect. When I walk to & from work, I'm constantly having to dodge the dog poo left in the road, on the pavements & right by people's windows. I Know who's doing it but don't feel can approach as they use their dog as intimidation. So you don't say anything. And I still see on a daily basis dogs been walked up Woody Lane & allowed to crap everywhere & it's never picked up. Despite they actually walk past a dog poo bin! Again don't say anything because got threatened last time by the woman who said she was going to get her husband to come to sort me out! What a nice neighbourhood we live in?!

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 9 Mar 2015, 11:15 (last edited on Mon 9 Mar 2015, 11:22)

I have been liaising between the town council and WODC to get a bin installed at the entrance to Cornbury. The TC have agreed to pay for it to be installed, and it will be emptied by WODC.

Roger Clarke is talking to Cornbury about where it should go. Should be there soon.

russell robson
👍

Mon 9 Mar 2015, 10:29

Who would empty these bins and who would pay?

Simply take your %$£" home. No emptying, no maintenace, no vandelism, no cost!

By extension how frequently should dog poo bins be place on the RoW network of the UK. Having taken a dog up Snowden there would need to be about 6 between the top and bottom.

In winter you can use it as a hand warmer.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Mon 9 Mar 2015, 09:18 (last edited on Mon 9 Mar 2015, 09:18)

Whilst this behaviour is inexcusable, on the odd occasion that I have taken a friends' dog for a walk in Cornbury, I have been surprised that there are no bins for the bags in the vicinity. I suggest one at the start of the footpath on the bridge and another at Southill. Can this be arranged?

Miles Walkden
👍

Mon 9 Mar 2015, 08:23

yeh, I picked out about 20 bags at the same spot and left them by the path where the person walks with a sign asking them to stop. I went back the next day with a bag to remove them and they had gone. I hoped the person had the message but may well have been someone else who picked them up. More appeared after, unfortunately.

Steven Fairhurst Jones
👍

Sun 8 Mar 2015, 21:56

I went for a walk with my wife and young son in Cornbury Park this morning, taking carrier bags as we've been meaning for ages to pick up the few cans and other bits of litter we sometimes see between the river bridge and the fence by the deer park. What we ended up bringing back was 20+ bags of dog poo as well - all of them neatly bagged but then thrown alongside 100 metres or so of path near the deer park. We'd hoped our son would have fun rummaging around for snails and pine cones and so on, but inevitably he was more distracted by the filthy plastic bags on the ground. Obviously WODC and the Town Council aren't to blame - this is private land after all - and nobody could reasonably expect Lord Rotherwick to come out and clear up after the people he trusts to walk on his land. Anyway we dumped the bags of poo and litter in one of the bins back in the centre of town, and went away wondering what sort of dog owner is responsible enough to bag up their dog's poo, but irresponsible enough to chuck it where it can cause harm and spoil a nice walk.

Miles Walkden
👍

Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:28

The bags have re-appeared so they are still throwing at least one new bag with poop a day into the Charlbury hedges. I think it is a woman who has a large white and grey greyhound but cant be sure.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:53

By the way, there was another incident today by my neighbour's house. I know who it was, but just missed seeing it. It's only a matter of time now till I do see it happen, as it's so regular (I think done in spite now since I took the owner to task on a different occasion. It was then that the owner said she does not believe in picking up!)

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:44

Just for info: if you witness an incident of a dog fouling and you know where the owner lives, you can report it to WODC via their website. No need to have a photo. So, if you see someone allowing their dog to dump, and the owner leaves it on the ground, follow them home discreetly. As far as I am aware, there is no law against having a stroll in your own neighbourhood. Remember the address and you have a case for reporting them.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Thu 29 Jan 2015, 20:31

Thanks for your support Georgina and Liz. Next time I see it happening I will report it to the Council and I will also post the details here.

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 29 Jan 2015, 17:47 (last edited on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 17:49)

Or let the dog warden at WODC know who it is and approximately what time of day this happens. She will then come out and issue the owner with a fine. Alternatively let me know and I will follow it up with the dog warden

Georgina81
👍

Thu 29 Jan 2015, 15:03

It's awful Rosemary and so inconsiderate of them.. If you know who it is take a photo and upload on here.. I think that's the only way that they might think twice about it.... As they obviously don't care about anyone of anything just the fact that they can't be bothered to bend down and pick up the mess, I'm sorry this makes me so angry and upset with these dog owners who should know better..

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Thu 29 Jan 2015, 14:17

Yes, my regular a'hole dog has been at it again, right outside my sitting room window. This time I managed to bag it all up as it was still frozen. Had I not been able to do that, my neighbour's children would have walked it into their house. Thanks very much dog owner, I know who you are, and I despise you.

Rhonda Eaton
👍

Mon 26 Jan 2015, 11:03

An inconsiderate dog owner is regularly allowing their dog to poo ON my front garden (a small area of gravel outside my road-side house). The poo is identifiable and the dog clearly gets walked up Hixet Wood and Sheep Street as it has been spotted in the middle of the path, all the way. This is unacceptable.

graham W
👍

Fri 23 Jan 2015, 11:14

Liz, couldn't resist in replying to your comment about Poo fairies, however there is a shortage because the wages are cr**.

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 23 Jan 2015, 09:45 (last edited on Fri 23 Jan 2015, 17:29)

I have just come back from the Mill Field, where I spotted a bag of frozen dog poo left on the side of the path. Frozen, so left there yesterday by someone. What on earth do people think happens to bagged-up dog poo left like that? I have news, and I am sorry to disappoint some folk in our town, but there are no poo fairies in Charlbury. I know it may come as a shock to some. What there are, though, are nice people who come and empty the dog poo bins around the town every now and again. These people are from WODC so they are paid for by you, the council tax payer. So get your money's worth, and please your neighbours at the same time, by using the many bins around the town! (from the Acting Poo Fairy who took the bag, carried it down the field and put it in the bin. And it really wasn't difficult!)

Katrina Ross
👍

Thu 22 Jan 2015, 17:52

The footpath at Cornbury AKA the dog walking area is particularly bad as people don't stick to the footpath they walk all over the field, so therefore leave their dog poo in and out of bags and their own rubbish everywhere, which is particularly a problem when livestock are being grazed there.
dog faeces is particularly harmful to sheep as it can transmit a tapeworm if the dogs haven't been correctly wormed.

Lesley Algar
👍

Wed 21 Jan 2015, 20:19

There is another dog owner who is leaving it under the hedges around the Green. I have mentioned this many times before as it looks bad for the majority if us that dispose of it properly. Owners leave it in the fields and lanes as if it doesn't matter. Even the dog walking area in Cornbury has poo everywhere.

Gareth Epps
👍

Wed 21 Jan 2015, 17:24

If you know the rough time that this inconsiderate person goes out with her pet, please inform the Dog Warden at WODC.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 21 Jan 2015, 13:22

Why do we have to put up with this?

Georgina81
👍

Tue 20 Jan 2015, 22:29 (last edited on Tue 20 Jan 2015, 22:34)

We have a huge problem with dog owners still incapable of picking up after therir dogs... It's disgusting its always on the pavement in various places down Nineacre Lane.. Right in the path where children step into it,then walk it through my house or worse still walk it into the classrooms at school to share with all the other children all the germs and diseases.. I am currently on the look out and I will find the culprit and when I do I will certainly take a photo and shame.. This is not acceptable..

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Mon 19 Jan 2015, 15:11

So disgusting isn't it? We have problems in Pooles Lane with certain people becoming offensive when you ask them to cease their dumping ground attitude, and let them use their own gardens as a lavatory. That suggestion is so outrageoous to them that they don't see the irony in their objections!

Miles Walkden
👍

Mon 19 Jan 2015, 09:16

To the woman who walks her white/tan dog down the avenue of trees from 5 ways to Corn Park - The only thing worse than not picking up your dog poop is picking it up in black plastic bags each morning and throwing it into the hedge.(The last one is hanging at eye height from a branch, so each to spot if you decide to go pick it up.)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.