Dentist

Clare Carswell
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2015, 23:56

For information Michael Harbisreutiger does not see NHS patients and the Woodstock practice seem to do very little NHS work with another dentist coming in to do NHS work for just a few hours a week. Having rung round I am finding that most dentists in the area don't want to register new NHS patients.

Mark Purcell
👍

Thu 15 Jan 2015, 21:11

Michael Harbisreutiger is very pleasant.

Clare Carswell
👍

Thu 15 Jan 2015, 15:55

Thank you to you all for sharing your experiences on this matter.

glena chadwick
👍

Thu 15 Jan 2015, 14:26

Totally agree with Jon about Michael H. I went to him all the time he was in Charlbury and then followed him to Woodstock. He's gentle and kind with wimps like me and very skilled. He never advises anything you don't really need.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:47

I think I know who you mean, Hans. My dentist is Michael Habisreutinger at the Woodstock Dental Practice. He used to practice in Charlbury. I'd recommend him very strongly.

Hans Eriksson
👍

Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:08

I was advised by one of them mentioned on this thread that I needed a titanium implant and that the cost would we abouy £ 5,000. I have a dentist friend who took an xray and he said it was definitely not needed. So I had the repair doen for £ 50 or so on NHS (not local).

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 13 Jan 2015, 09:05

My experience of an NHS practice in West Oxfordshire was that it used the NHS treatment offer, doing as much work as possible in 20 minutes for a modest fee, as a way of signing me up. Then, when more complicated work needed doing, I was told that it could not be done on the NHS, and I was treated privately. The fees for that treatment were much higher (by hundreds of pounds) than what my new 'private' dentist charges. So beware such dentists. I don't know how you spot them in advance though!

Clare Carswell
👍

Mon 12 Jan 2015, 23:27

Thanks very much all.

stephen cavell
👍

Mon 12 Jan 2015, 20:56

I/we endorse the Chipping Norton recommendation

Charlie Peacock
👍

Mon 12 Jan 2015, 13:39

Raul Patel, Church Green, Witney.

Very warm personality and thoroughly nice person. Also, a good dentist.

Ian Taylor
👍

Mon 12 Jan 2015, 11:47

www.chippingnortondentalpractice.co.uk/

Clare Carswell
👍

Mon 12 Jan 2015, 11:33

I want to register with a dentist that takes NHS patients, can anyone recommend a good one ?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.