New housing development in Pooles Lane??

Carol Minshall
👍

Sun 18 Jan 2015, 20:10 (last edited on Sun 8 Feb 2015, 18:35)

Charlie Peacock
👍

Thu 8 Jan 2015, 16:52

I haven't seen any Planning notices either.

My source stated that the users of the allotments situated behind the barn in Pooles Lane have been given notice to quit (I do not know the duration of this notice).

For clarification, it is not The Playing Close but the large plot of land on Pooles Lane belonging to the first house on the right heading towards Charlbury Primary School.

russell robson
👍

Wed 7 Jan 2015, 20:53

Perhaps it's something on the Playing Close?!

Martin prew
👍

Wed 7 Jan 2015, 20:29

Not sure where you mean, I live on pooles lane and have seen no planning notices.

Charlie Peacock
👍

Wed 7 Jan 2015, 17:35

Does anyone have any information about a proposed housing development on or adjacent the "allotment plot" in Pooles Lane.
A quick glance at the Planning Applications on the WODC web site revealed nothing at all.
Despite the notice in Dancers Hill that there is no access to the town centre, this is totally ignored and throughout the day Dancers Hill and Pooles Lane suffer from excessive traffic and when one considers the fact that a vast length of these roads does not have any pavements, it is only a matter of time before a pedestrian will suffer a serious or fatal injury.
More housing will vastly increase the flow of traffic along both roads and if an application has been made for additional housing I hope WODC sees sense rejects it.
Both roads are only suitable for single file traffic and will not be able to cope with any increase in flow.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.