Biscuits and Tea!!!

Gary McAlea
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2006, 21:05

Thats why you need ginger nuts!! stronger more reliable and rarely break up!!

graham W
👍

Fri 27 Oct 2006, 16:19

Sorry David, I didn't read the PS, but also have to agree with you on the digestives I'm afraid, in fact I like all Biscuits, perhaps thats why I'm becoming rather portly, now that could lead to another thread - DRINK,

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 27 Oct 2006, 12:33

Alex: I'm with you. I've whiled away many an hour when I should been revising/studying/cleaning/anything else really, seeing how long I can hold a Rich Tea biscuit in a cup of tea for without it sinking.
If you've ever seen Peter Kay's live stand up he does a very funny sketch about dunking- he calls Rich tea "one-dips". Can I also recommend having a teaspoon close by to deal with inevitable loss of biccy into brew?

Dave Gamble
👍

Fri 27 Oct 2006, 10:13

Did you not read my PS?
My comment was with tongue firmly in cheek.
Mind you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

graham W
👍

Thu 26 Oct 2006, 20:17

David, if refer to the beginning of this thread it states "Just to lighten things up", so this is just a bit of fun. Its almost like as Trevor MacDonald used to say at the end of the 'News at Ten' - "and finally"

Dave Gamble
👍

Thu 26 Oct 2006, 10:49

Am I the only one here who thinks biscuit-dunking is a waste of time?
Derek Collett asks.
Well, am I the only one on here who thinks you should all get a life?! For God's sake! Are you all out of your tiny minds?
P.S.

McVities digestives dunked in tea are vastly superior to any other biscuit!

Stuart Moss
👍

Wed 25 Oct 2006, 23:01

Don't fret Derek, all it takes is practice, then you will be dunking with the rest of us and avoiding the sludge! I think our friendly boffins at Oxford Uni spent loads of money trying to find out the 'perfect dunker'!No idea what they came up with though...RIP Plain Chocolate Hob Nobs...

Derek Collett
👍

Wed 25 Oct 2006, 16:48

Am I the only one here who thinks biscuit-dunking is a waste of time? Whenever I've tried it half the biscuit has broken off in the tea, sunk to the bottom of the mug and formed a biscuity sludge more akin to the base of a cheesecake than a warming temperance beverage. What's wrong with eating your biscuit and drinking your tea simultaneously yet separately?

derek
👍

Wed 25 Oct 2006, 15:36

your all fools!!!
nothing but custard creams.

Alex Westbury
👍

Wed 25 Oct 2006, 13:35

If its for dunking you can't beat Rich Tea, although you need a wide mug and you have to be quick or you end up with a sludge at the bottom of the mug! If it is just for eating with tea then it has to be Milk Chocolate Hobnobs.
I think I will go and make myself a nice cup of tea now and see what biscuits are in the cupboard!!!!!!

Gary McAlea
👍

Tue 24 Oct 2006, 23:34

Ginger nuts in a cup of tea you can stand a spoon in !!!

Katie R
👍

Tue 24 Oct 2006, 09:17

Graham,
I fear your post was too hasty - the plain chocolate hob nob has been axed - see the website below for further details.

graham W
👍

Mon 23 Oct 2006, 18:05

Plain or Plain Chocolate Hob Nobs with tea (ensure you have a big cup as they absorb most of it!) and Ginger Nuts with Coffee

Katie R
👍

Mon 23 Oct 2006, 14:20

have a look at this for more biscuit chat
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Julie Negus
👍

Sun 22 Oct 2006, 21:47

Just to lighten things, Which biscuits do you have with your tea.
Chocolate Digestives do it for me and I' m definately a dunker... are you.
Come on lets have your comments:)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.