Charlbury Community Centre Plans

russell robson
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2015, 20:55

I've never had a problem parking at the Spendlove site, I must be the luckiest person in town!

The issue is really a lot of us are too lazy to walk to town when we have very easy parking (I include myself, and many others of you out there.)

Helen Chapman
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2015, 19:50

Aren't there already timed bays (60 minute limit) in the spendlove car park?

Marjorie Glasgow
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2015, 18:46

Thank you to all who came to the Gruffalo event. It seemed to be a huge success. Julia Donaldson and her team were terrific. Huge thanks to the Charlbury Community Centre Appeal group - you have raised a fund of nearly 200,000 GBP as a gift to the whole town. We are very grateful.

Liz Reason
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2015, 17:10

I spoke the traffic warden recently and that week someone was going to be coming every day. Usually they give tickets to those in the disabled bays, but I'm sure we could get more sophisticated.

Kat Patrick
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2015, 16:48

Any time I voice concerns about the Community Centre, I get beaten down for being negative, but I saw the plans at the Gruffalo event today and am more concerned than ever. As a frequent user of car parks at Witney and Carterton leisure centres, I know about the variable…

Long post - click to read full text

Mark Purcell
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2015, 15:53 (last edited on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 15:56)

The idea of a four hour day-time parking restriction in the car park is all very fine, but where does that leave Charlbury residents who have had to park in the car park because all the on-street parking has been taken by station commuters?

Leah Fowler
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2015, 13:09

To have part time parking you have to have a traffic warden

Jean Adams
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2015, 11:00

Ed Fenton told me the Car park is empty in the evenings so this assumes the centre will only be used in the evening. I could not park anywhere in Charlbury when I wanted to go to the Co-op and it is too far to walk from my house and I do not intend at my age to start cycling. Any daytime users of the centre and especially the elderly using the Library will just not be able to park. lycetts the Vets and Dentist have their own parking spaces. It is definitely used by commuters, some who catch the bus to and from the station. The only immediate answer is to have 4 hr daytime parking.

Mark Purcell
👍

Fri 16 Jan 2015, 20:50

The station car park has been full most of the week. Two days this week I have overheard folk complaining tgat they couldn't get a space and that they had had to park in 'the village' (one of them overnight).

Ann Harper
👍

Fri 16 Jan 2015, 18:30

The station car park was full yesterday, maybe that's a clue.

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 15 Jan 2015, 15:32

Will the parking be better than this morning when the Spendlove Car Park was completely full. Where were all the drivers, certainly not all in the Co-op I am sure.

Kate Smith
👍

Thu 15 Jan 2015, 08:49

Liz, I just had a look at cycle shelters- I think you can get a covered one for under £2000, so hopefully we can get a grant from somewhere to cover that - it would be a great thing to have! Don't forget the public presentation this evening from 8pm, the architect from Ridge is going to do a quick presentation of the plans as they've progressed so far, and it would be good to have everyone's comments on them so they can move on to the Planning Application - finally happening at last!

Liz Reason
👍

Fri 2 Jan 2015, 17:01

I expect the plans to include excellent pedestrian access and lots of cycle parking. To be complaining about traffic and cars in one post, and to be hoping for the encouragement of cars in another seems rather illogical. Try and imagine designs whereby pedestrians get priority, followed by bikes, followed by motorised vehicles.

Tony Morgan
👍

Fri 19 Dec 2014, 15:36

The present Gifford Trustees have done a fantastic job in getting to this stage from the position they inherited. They have committed large amounts of time and professional expertise to finally make the community centre a reality & deserve the town's gratitude.

Pearl Manners
👍

Fri 19 Dec 2014, 06:34

Absolutely, agree 100%. Well done to all involved.:)

Mark Sulik
👍

Thu 18 Dec 2014, 22:12

What a fantastic project and one that needs all the support it deserves from the community and the future generations of people that will benefit from such a focal point of the town.
Well done to the Gifford Trustees for getting this project to this stage . Lets be positive, we have a lot to be positive about.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 18 Dec 2014, 16:21

"Appropriate parking facilities are part of the scheme plus the potential for a sports bar. "

Kat Patrick
👍

Thu 18 Dec 2014, 13:40

Hear, hear, Rachel.

Rachel Gallagher
👍

Fri 12 Dec 2014, 11:44

I hope the plans will include parking...

Marjorie Glasgow
👍

Fri 12 Dec 2014, 07:42

Preliminary plans for the new Charlbury Community Centre will be available for viewing tomorrow morning (Saturday) from 10:30 to 12:30 in the Morris Room of the Corner House. Gifford Trustees will be there to discuss plans and hear your views. A further exhibition/consultation will take place in mid-January.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.