Lord Spencer-Churchill's planning application

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 9 Nov 2006, 21:54

The recent West Oxfordshire planning and design guidelines, recently adopted, may be of some relevance to this application.

Culled from ONCF Newsletter today:

WEST OXFORDSHIRE SPD AND LDF
Chapter 3 covers Landscape and Biodiversity in a neat 8 pages

The West Oxfordshire Design Guide was formally adopted as a Supplementary
Planning Document (SPD) on 27 September 2006. It now forms a part of the
Local Development Framework (LDF), and is a material consideration in the
determination of planning applications. The Guide provides design advice
appropriate to both existing and future development in the District, and
supplements policies BE2 and BE3 in the West Oxfordshire Local Plan 2011.
Any person aggrieved by the SPD may, within three months of the adoption
date, apply to the High Court for a judicial review of the decision to adopt
the SPD.

8. WEST OXFORDSHIRE DESIGN GUIDE
Copies of the West Oxfordshire Design Guide are available now for £30 from:
Council Offices, Elmfield, New Yatt Road, Witney, OX28 1PB; Town Centre
Shop, 3 Welch Way, Witney, OX28 6JH; or by calling 01993 861000
The West Oxfordshire Design Guide can also be accessed online at:
http://www.westoxon.gov.uk/planning/DesignGuide.cfm A reference copy of the
West Oxfordshire Design Guide is held at each of the District’s libraries,
the town centre shop, and the reception desks of both Council offices in
Witney.
=======================================================

A thought: dogs s*** on prominent places to show others how important they are. Those living on the proceeds of stolen goods (i.e. armed robbery of land from the people by kings and nobles and the last big scam called "Enclosure Acts") build big houses on prominent hills...

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 4 Nov 2006, 13:27

Katie did not respond, but the application number is 06/1679/P/FP. It is listed online as delegated to Charlbury, & the date for replies as 27/10, with 31/10 as the target date for a decision to be made.

There are a couple of letters of objection to it in the Witney Gazette: one from a Charlbury resident on 27/10, complaining about the loss of view, & one from the Council for Protection of Rural England on 20/10.

This says, amongst other things, that 'This scheme will make no significant contribution architecturally, will have no useful influence on the local economy and will succeed only in imposing a dominant and intrusive feature on a beautiful landscape.' It also talks about the importance of retaining the beauty of the Evenlode Valley as it presently exists.

Apparently, the building is a neo-Palladian pile ...

derek
👍

Fri 3 Nov 2006, 11:22

What ius happening with this?
The only problem I see is that of access, I agree that access via the road trough fawler is an issue and if they lay a new access off the main witney/charlbury road then surley there is a highways issue with having laden and unladen lorries stopping and starting journeys on such a fast and resticted view road for such a long build period.

Paul Taylor
👍

Fri 20 Oct 2006, 22:26

Churchill was a great man that did alot for his country. All you have ever done is to p__s people off. The planning application is nothing to do with the great mans grave

david giles/giro
👍

Fri 20 Oct 2006, 21:07

(libellous and abusive posting removed)

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 16 Oct 2006, 13:50

Katie,

Do you know the WODC Planning Application number? If that could be listed here, people could look at the details on-line on the WODC website, I think.

'Neo-Georgian' does not sound architecturally innovative to me, but I will reserve judgment till I have seen the plans!

If it's anything like the large house that was built at the top of the Hundley Way in Charlbury, it will be a monstrosity. But I really hope it is something better than that!

Katie Ewer
👍

Mon 16 Oct 2006, 13:07

Lord Edward Spencer-Churchill (Duke of Marlborough's second son) has submitted a planning application for an enormous seven-bedroomed house, with underground swimming pool, garages and servant quarters on Manor Farm, Fawler. Last week, Lord Spencer-Churchill and his agent (along with all our local Councillors) attended the Fawler Parish Meeting to address…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.