White Hart Inn

Nick Johnson
👍

Mon 16 Oct 2006, 08:18

David Sizer died shortly after the pub closed. Quite by chance, I bumped into Kate Sizer in Leith a couple of years ago. She's living in Edinburgh and working as a tourist guide. The distinctive white streak in her hair had broadened but she was well and happy.

Gareth Epps
👍

Sun 15 Oct 2006, 16:43

I was quite friendly with David and Kate's children at one time; I haven't seen either in years but think David was in poor health all that time ago. As to whether the pub was unviable, well, I'm not sure about that!

Mark Channing
👍

Fri 13 Oct 2006, 11:38

Thanks for the information about the White Hart, I was quite surprised to hear that it had closed in the early 90's it always seemed to be heaving with customers for food and drink when I worked there. So is it now a private house, and what happened to Kate and David who owned it at that time, someone told me that David died.

Dave Gamble
👍

Fri 13 Oct 2006, 09:00

Thanks for that guys. Obviously my memory isn't what it was!
I know what you mean John about his blue eyed boys, needless to say, I wasn't one of them! Mind you, I recall visiting his house on a couple of occasions & remember he had the largest cat I have ever seen. Probably fed on wayward pupils!

john h
👍

Thu 12 Oct 2006, 23:39

Mr Brandon lived at Two Steps between Granchester House And Kojanup in Thames St. (Correct Giro). He taught me tec drawing in the mid 50's, probaly best forgotten, unless you were one of his blue eyed boys,you were a thorn in his side!!

david giles/giro
👍

Thu 12 Oct 2006, 18:44

mr brandon lived in the second from last house before nine acres lane it has steps at the front and a blue door when i walked past it on street fair morning it had a note on the window saying the house name was changing i know iam right because i visited mr brandon on several occasions after he retired .mr keenan was his next door neighbour

Judy Kinchella
👍

Thu 12 Oct 2006, 17:58

Mr Brandon (maths's teacher at Spendlove) didn't live next door to the White Hart, he lived quite a few doors away, ( can't remember the name of his house but it had a large tree in the front garden (which has now been chopped down).

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.