The White Hart Inn

Ray Marshall
👍

Sat 21 Oct 2006, 19:33

No, Mr Brandon lived further down Thames Street on the right hand side

Dave Gamble
👍

Thu 12 Oct 2006, 10:29

John, I lived in Charlbury in the early 60s (my parents were the wardens at the youth hostel)& the White Hart was my father's favourite watering hole. Sad to hear it closed in the 90s-just one of many pubs that have ceased trading in the last 20 years or so.
You mention Freddie Jones living next door. I seem to remember my maths' teacher from Spendlove also living next door. I think his name was Brandon. (Perhaps John H can confirm that.) I wonder if it was the same house?

John Kearsey
👍

Wed 11 Oct 2006, 23:42

Unfortunately the White Hart ceased trading as a pub in the early 90's. Freddie does indeed still live next door, although he has to walk a bit further for his pint! The Duke of Marlborough is also a private house now - I think that closed in the late 80's. Being a regular pub goer I know they closed but I'm a bit hazy on exact dates!

Mark Channing
👍

Wed 11 Oct 2006, 22:58

Hello I was wondering if any one could tell me what has became of the White Hart, and Kate, the owner, I used to work there in 1986 as chef, for about a year, and had very happy times working and living in such a lovely small town, Does Freddie Jones still live next door.

I now have a B&B in Lynmouth Devon, but hope to return to Charlbury sometime soon for a long overdue visit, I hope that it has not changed to much in 20 years!

Mark Channing

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.