photos of chalbury

Rowena Joyce Milnes
👍

Wed 11 Oct 2006, 10:51

Richard,thanks for the site I have checked it out ,some lovely photos but none of them were what I was looking for.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 6 Oct 2006, 21:44

There will, Susie has kindly organised some. I haven't posted them yet due to being a bit behind on the website (had a cycling accident in August which knocked me out of kilter for a few weeks!) but they should be up some time next week.

john h
👍

Fri 6 Oct 2006, 19:36

Will there be any photographs of Street Fair be posted this year??

john h
👍

Fri 6 Oct 2006, 19:34

Richard
You are correct about killing a few hours. Pictures of Charlbury I have never seen. Superb site!

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Sun 1 Oct 2006, 14:32

There may be some photos of that time period on this site (gallery) or you can try browsing the Oxfordshire collection at the following link (it is a very long link that might get chopped up in the message system, so be prepared to recreate it)
http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/wps/portal/publicsite/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKL94039HcCSZnFO8WHOepHogtZIoR8PfJzU_WDgFKR5kAhY3Mf_aic1PTE5Er9YH1v_QD9gtzQiHJvR0cAhVVPFg!!/delta/base64xml/L0lJSk03dWlDU1lBIS9JTGpBQU15QUJFUkVSRUlrLzRGR2dkWW5LSjBGUm9YZnJDRUEhLzdfTV8zN0wvMjQ!?WCM_PORTLET=PC_7_M_37L_WCM&WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=http://apps.oxfordshire.gov.uk/wps/wcm/connect/Internet/Council+services/Leisure+and+culture/History+and+heritage/Oxfordshire+Studies/What+can+I+find/Photographs/

or go to www.oxfordshire.gov.uk and work your way to photographs.

Warning: if you like old photos it is an easy way to kill a few hours.

Rowena Joyce Milnes
👍

Sun 1 Oct 2006, 02:37

Are there any photos of the Armistice Day march in Charlbury in 1918,or of any soldiers of that time as I am looking for ancestors that marched. Rowena Milnes.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.