Rubbish in Quarry lane

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Tue 26 Aug 2014, 09:38

Jon, I assure you I would have taken it back with me & binned it, had I not been rushing to catch a bus, when I noticed it, & thank you! :-)

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 25 Aug 2014, 10:45

The WODC team were going to be Charlbury anyway as they were clearing the bins, but you saved them some extra work. Sorry for misspelling your name, Jon!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 25 Aug 2014, 08:59

Don't thank God, thank me! (See my earlier post, before yours.)

I agree it's up to all of us, just that TP residents are nearer. And yes indeed, why not take it home with us when we come across it? This lot was conveniently bagged and ready to carry!

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Sat 23 Aug 2014, 22:07

It now appears to have been removed, thank God. Have a pretty good idea who the culprite/s are due to the fact a certain young man, who lives locally & whose parents had been away, had a party the previous Saturday & evidence in bags were of party detritious. I suspect that these bags were part of the collection that the recycling guys refused to take!!?

As for the onus on Ticknell Piece Residence to clear up others crap, I think that is slightly unfair Jon. The onus should be on every single person who comes across litter or fly tipping to either remove it or report it to the correct authority.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 23 Aug 2014, 14:41

Any time! It seemed more a case for some neighbourly action than calling out a local authority team and lorry! :-)

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 22 Aug 2014, 19:56

Thanks, John, for being so public spirited. I've let WODC know that they don't need to send anyone out to clear it

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 22 Aug 2014, 17:28 (last edited on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 17:29)

I picked several of the bags up yesterday evening, and the rest this morning. Nothing with an address on it, just takeaway cartons and drinks cans and plastic bottles. Most could have gone in a recycling box, or the whole lot in one grey bin (it's just gone in mine).

People (just one person?) often throw their garden rubbish along there too.

Maybe Ticknell Piece residents could keep an eye out and clear up sometimes? It doesn't give a very good impression of the area!

sarah routley
👍

Fri 22 Aug 2014, 15:36

Having improved over the last few months there is alot of dog poo right on the main path again and on the little cut through to the nature reserve, such a shame as its a lovely walk.

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 22 Aug 2014, 09:11

I will let WODC officers know about the rubbish and see if they can be cleared

Lesley Algar
👍

Thu 21 Aug 2014, 20:47

This afternoon while walking my dogs, I saw bags brimming to the top with household rubbish propped on the quarry fencing. In the last year there has been ashes from bonfires, cardboard strewn across the path, which is still there, and so much dog mess, as some owners are incapable of picking it up. Quarry lane used to be a good place to start or finish dog walks, now it is a place to avoid.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.