Heavy vehicles in Ditchley Road

Pearl Manners
👍

Mon 15 Sep 2014, 21:31

Charlbury is very popular but it is a Town and not a Village.

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Sat 23 Aug 2014, 22:11

First 'Downton' now Hollywood!! Our little village is in demand & who knows, one might bump into Mr Depp & Ms Bonham Carter in the Co-op! How exciting!!!

Susie Burnett
👍

Thu 21 Aug 2014, 12:49 (last edited on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 12:54)

Interesting to know as my kids were nearly knocked off their bikes by someone who came flying round a corner in a car on Ditchley Road a couple of days ago - worth taking extra care if using this road to walk/run/cycle to the Salt Way as clearly there are people using it who are unfamiliar with the area and not expecting to encounter pedestrians.

PJ Honey
👍

Wed 20 Aug 2014, 19:23

Yes, it looks like Through the Looking Glass judging by the location signs. IMDb.com confirms it's filming now.

Johnny Depp, Ann Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Sheen, Sacha Baron Cohen and Alan Rickman are all in it.

Neil V.
👍

Wed 20 Aug 2014, 19:17

The signs say "LG Unit", which I believe is for the Looking Glass movie, sequel to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland film.

Angus B
👍

Wed 20 Aug 2014, 16:55 (last edited on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 16:56)

Through The Looking Glass? ;)

Alison Cherry
👍

Wed 20 Aug 2014, 16:53

We've heard it's the sequel to Alice in Wonderland.

Birgit den Outer
👍

Wed 20 Aug 2014, 15:58

I am glad you clarified this and that I am not going mad after all. We saw the same thing driving back late from Oxford last night and were sure we were going to be beamed up there and then. It was very difficult to tell where the light was coming from or how near or far it was.

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 19 Aug 2014, 22:30

They are filming. Many film and camera teams went up today, also The Devil's Horsemen stunt unit, with what looked like various 18th century coaches. Does anybody know what film or TV programme it is?

Janet Burroughs
👍

Tue 19 Aug 2014, 22:11

Have just returned from a trip to New Forest, and driving along the road towards Charlbury saw a very bright light high over Ditchley. No, not a UFO!! At first we thought it was a combine working late. But decided not. Seemed to be very, very bright spotlights but very high up. Quite distracting for drivers on road to Charlbury until you reach Kings Wood. So must be something going on requiring light at night.

J Marsh
👍

Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:03

Does anybody know what all the lorries were going up Ditchley Road late last night and early this morning?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.