The Recent Circus in Charlbury

Igor Goldkind
👍

Fri 22 Sep 2006, 10:12

Circus: a performance; actors; rehearsed fantasy re-entactments; entrance fee

Real Life: Reality; things and events that occur without rehearsel and can actually affect you; free entrance

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Wed 20 Sep 2006, 19:52

I took my daughter to see the last showing on Sunday @ 2pm. It was her first time she had ever seen/or been to a circus. I was alittle shocked over two performances that day:
1. One of the performers (a young woman), during her act, made out that she was 'fooling' around with a man behind the curtain. It was funny, until she came out and made out that she was now pregnant with that mans child.
2. During a very funny re-enactment of Star Wars, the man who was playing Luke Sky Walker, used his very obvious toy laser gun to shoot the other people. The 'performer' then produced a life like hand gun stood there and shot them again, with the appropriate sound affects. My daughter screemed and burst into tears because she thought they had actually been shot dead!!! I hardly think that this was appropriate for children to see, and to be honest the way things are in the world, I was a bit shocked myself. Does anyone else have any views?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.