'Unsociable behaviour'

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Sun 29 Jun 2014, 13:14

Oh believe you me, sadly there have been drugs in Charlbury for a long time. I first became aware of the situation whilst working a long time ago as a receptionist in the Medical Center where I was approached by the local PC, at the time. He knew I lived up Ticknell Piece Road & apparently the boyfriend of a young lass who lived in the house across the road was a major dealer. This PC approached me to enquire whether my husband & I would be willing to allow a couple of guys from the Drugs Squad to set up an observation point in our front bedroom, to monitor this 'lowlife'. With two quite young children at the time & both my husband & I totally anti-drugs we quite happily co-operated! There followed a week which was more like something out of 'The Bill', with these guys coming into our house under the guise of being friends of Daddy's who were helping him decorate the upstairs bedroom. I am pleased to say that they ultimately did catch this creature but sadly he reappeared only weeks later!! Thankfully though he disappeared from Charlbury shortly afterwards.

Sadly, though this is not the only time I have been made aware there are drugs around Charlbury. I think there are very few places in the country now that haven't been blighted. I remember some investigation, that was done, I think by the BBC's 'Watchdog' programme, where they tested various public places in various towns around the country for traces of Cocaine & Chippy was one of the worst with traces of 'Coke' being found in each place tested!! Shocking but sad!

brian
👍

Sat 28 Jun 2014, 13:54

I cannot believe there are drugs in Charlbury!

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sat 28 Jun 2014, 11:44

This was coming from lees heights john

John Dora
👍

Sat 28 Jun 2014, 10:48

Andrea,

Where? We heard loud noises from somewhere in the town in Wychwood Paddocks on Thursday morn.. 03.15 AM!! there were also lights visible in the forest to the east of Forest Road...

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sat 28 Jun 2014, 00:45

Virtually everyday this week been disturbed by either someone playing a guitar gone 11.30pm, then following night very loud & verbal, smoking joints till gone 1am! Tonight even worse with loud music , a lot of people who clearly had been drinking a lot & again drugs involved. I know this because they were so verbally loud in talking about it & their behaviour. Saw that the police had been called out tonight. Really like to know who these people are because they are not the people who live at this address and would really like to have a drug free quiet charlbury again!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.