Digging up Market Street

Elizabeth Watson
👍

Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:18

Yep - we've just had a knock at the door to move the car from it's temporary parking space in Sheep Street. Hopefully though, this will all lead to faster broadband - so given I work from home - I'll happily oblige and help the workmen in any way I can ;-)

Steven Fairhurst Jones
👍

Sun 29 Jun 2014, 19:43

One of the workmen told us that they'll be doing Sheep Street in the week to come...

Edward Fenton
👍

Sat 28 Jun 2014, 00:14

Hello Richard - I love your suggestion about a direct beer pipeline from the Rose & Crown to the cricket pitch, in case we run out at the Charlbury Beer Festival on Saturday! We may well consider it in the future - but this year we have taken every precaution to make sure that we don't run out. There is more beer than ever before - as well as more tentage (in case of rain) and more activities for everyone to participate in.

Mark Sulik
👍

Fri 27 Jun 2014, 21:37

Yesterday Market street was closed off during the works, for how long I am unaware, I am not sure if this should of happened without a formal notice or an application to the local authority. Not good for people rushing to catch a train.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 27 Jun 2014, 17:02

There are little BT Openreach signs on the plastic fencing so, like Tim, I presume it's broadband. Either that or a direct pipeline from the Rose & Crown to the cricket pitch in case the Beer Festival runs out on Saturday night.

But we hadn't heard anything either - it would have been nice to have a note through the door!

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 27 Jun 2014, 13:15

They are putting pipes in for BT so I imagine its to do with tinternet

Elizabeth Watson
👍

Fri 27 Jun 2014, 12:18

We live on Market Street and as far as I'm aware both my neighbour and I didn't know anything about this work... Would have been 'nice' to have been notified of the intent and reason. Now spending my time trying to find alternative parking, which is a challenge in itself ;-)....I wonder what the Market Street 'Slasher' will do, now that there aren't many tyres up for slashing here?!

Mark Purcell
👍

Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:49

Does anyone know what is going on? I assume it's gas or water. I must say I find it astonishing that a private company - for that is what I assume it is - is able to embark on work on this scale without any obvious notice or explanation, and no indication as to how long the work will continue and what the implications will be for residents. . If there has been any announcement it's been pretty low-key.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.