2 Yellow Markings

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:19

I think the Highways people are about to put a disabled parking space outside Wychwoods Estate Agents, so that blue badge holders can have a "guaranteed" space to get to the Co-op Pharmacy.

stephen cavell
👍

Sat 28 Jun 2014, 18:04

On returning from the fish and chip shop last evening I observed a vehicle parked on the double yellow lines (subject of this thread)a figure was sitting bolt upright in the drivers seat.I approached to enquire if he/she was a holder of a blue badge and lo I was greeted by a bark and a growl. The 'figure' turned out was a large poodle dog. There was no blue badge to be seen. Can dogs hold a blue badge? Or was this a dog belonging to a disabled driver? I think we should be told. We have a right to know. 'tis a strange but true story.

John Stanley
👍

Sat 28 Jun 2014, 00:07

From the Highway Code:
"Waiting restrictions indicated by yellow lines apply to the carriageway, pavement and verge. You may stop to load or unload (unless there are also loading restrictions as described below) or while passengers board or alight".
- - - - - - - -
"Yellow marks on the kerb or at the edge of the carriageway indicate that loading or unloading is prohibited at the times shown on the nearby black and white plates. You may stop while passengers board or alight".

I have not seen any yellow marks on the kerb in Charlbury, so stopping to load or unload, which, presumably, would include stopping to post a letter, is permitted.

Mark Sulik
👍

Fri 27 Jun 2014, 21:32

This is not just a problem at this location. It happens all over Charlbury, and many are guilty at pulling up outside the post office, on yellow lines , with many people stopping in the middle of the road to post a letter. The drop off at pre school and the nursery, Users of the public houses and dropping off and unloading outside the corner house, or parking outside when attending meetings. The problem is greater than just the co op . Many of us are guilty of this issue. The arrogance of parking on the pavements is more problematic for the less able , wheel chair users and push chairs . Many of these park for long periods of time.

Paul Taylor
👍

Fri 27 Jun 2014, 18:00

There is no end of able bodied parking there and it is so lazy when a good car park is there

Anthony Merry
👍

Fri 27 Jun 2014, 13:25

As you say Liz it is possible for disabled people to park legally on the lines
For anyone else it is NOT and I know the parking warden comes round from Witney regularly to check so don't risk it
The use by disabled people is also another very good reason why you should not stop or park there. It can rally be a hazard and a danger

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:20 (last edited on Fri 27 Jun 2014, 22:57)

Should this discussion go to the Grease Pit? A 30 second walk for an able bodied individual can be five minutes of agony for someone who is elderly or disabled. There was a discussion about putting disabled parking outside shops in Charlbury - possibly that is why people are parking there. And who knows, one day you might appreciate having them there.

martin
👍

Thu 26 Jun 2014, 21:47

To be fair the walk from the car park to the co-op is quite testing, it once took me at least 30 seconds......

Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 26 Jun 2014, 19:50

I thought it was for the people that are to lazy to walk from the empty car park.

Rick Leyland
👍

Thu 26 Jun 2014, 19:01

I think it denotes reserved parking for ambulophobes.
Rather good of the council to cater for these afflicted people, don't you think?

Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 26 Jun 2014, 18:38

Outside the Co op the is 2 Yellow markings that run parallel to each other on the road I am just wondering if any one knows what they are for.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.