Handyman wanted

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 28 Sep 2006, 22:41

David, I have just about had it up to here with your interminable postings. If you have such disdain for Charlbury ("it is about time charlbury woke up and started living in the real world") then don't post to the Charlbury website.

This is not the place for insults ("I have a head, try using yours"), especially not hurled from afar by people who have no opportunity or willingness to actually change things for the better. If you have anything constructive to post, then do so. Otherwise, please keep out of it.

david giles/giro
👍

Thu 28 Sep 2006, 20:49

did you know it is illegal to employ the servicies of an untrained handy man to carry out any electrical or gas work of any discription without the relative paper work. we now live in a nanny state of deep depression. i do not appologise for my previous comments because it is about time charlbury woke up and started living in the real world. ps john i dont have a chip on my shoulder ihave a head try using yours. remember iknow things about certain people in charlbury that are best left alone bye for now yaki da boyo uncle giro

graham W
👍

Thu 28 Sep 2006, 18:55

Neil,

Why should you remove the thread, this web site is designed for the things like you requested not for people to vent their personal grudges.

I have attached Roy Shaylers phone No: 01608 810917, but there are a number of people listed in the Charlbury & Wychwood POSTAL ADVERTISER that is put free through our doors every month.

Neil MacAlpine
👍

Thu 28 Sep 2006, 14:05

This thread went off on a tangent I didn't expect, so sorry for that. I did find my handyman though, so can we now terminate this thread?

Neil.

graham W
👍

Wed 27 Sep 2006, 22:20

The initials utilised by David Giles Giro DO NOT REFER TO ME, even though the mentioned name(now deleted thankfully by Richard) have the same name and surname initial.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 27 Sep 2006, 13:53

I've removed the name as David hasn't posted anything to back it up.

John Kearsey
👍

Tue 26 Sep 2006, 23:38

Sounds like libel to me - have you got a chip or three on your shoulder giro?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 25 Sep 2006, 08:35

That's a bit cryptic, David. Could you either expand or retract?

david giles/giro
👍

Sun 24 Sep 2006, 14:41

try (removed) he gets what he wants off of the parish council like the rest of the so called ido it for charlbury brigade uncle giro yaki da boyos

mark anchors
👍

Sun 24 Sep 2006, 08:18

IF YOU STILL REQUIRE A HANDYMAN CONTACT MARK ON 01608 810463/07799 550187

Caroline Shenton
👍

Tue 19 Sep 2006, 13:05

John Wilkinson is a local electrician (see Charlbury free ad rag) and he has fitted in a couple of small jobs for us - very nice, efficient and helpful.

graham W
👍

Mon 18 Sep 2006, 18:51

Try Roy Shayler, he lives near Hixet Wood,(look in phone book), or you'll often see his van around the town

Neil MacAlpine
👍

Mon 18 Sep 2006, 10:20

Is there anyone out there, or is there anyone who knows of anyone, who could do a range of small handyman type jobs, which wouldn't be worth a more general builder's time, but which seem to be building up in our house, and I seem completely incompetent to do - i.e putting up curtain poles on a crumbly wall, some moderate electrical work, etc.

Thanks,
Neil MacAlpine

This thread has been locked. You cannot add any further replies.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.