Stanley the station cat

John Stanley
👍

Sat 16 Aug 2014, 17:18

An update on my namesake.
Yesterday, Stan was in the station booking hall when I arrived there at about 1030. I went over to platform 1 to catch the 1042 train to Worcester. I was concerned to see Stan crossing the track just before my train arrived. He then disappeared through the railings.
On my return at 1945, Stan was aboard the GoRide RailBus, taking a nap. When it was time for the bus to depart, he had to be removed by a passenger. Otherwise he may have had to spend the weekend in Burford!

Angus B
👍

Fri 25 Apr 2014, 19:50

His own twitter account?

I'd give him the bird.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 25 Apr 2014, 18:01

I think Stanley deserves his own Twitter account.

Maureen Sparling
👍

Fri 25 Apr 2014, 13:34

I think you're right Caroline... will look into it :) Just for info, I picked him up at the station last night around 8. He hopped in the car beside me when I called him and stood on hind legs looking out of the window as I drove him home. He wasn't interested in any food but I kept him in til morning.... you may see him back patrolling the platform today!!

Caroline Shenton
👍

Fri 25 Apr 2014, 12:34

I think Stanley deserves his own sightings blog! : )

Frank Payne
👍

Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:30

Stan was hunting in between the Cherry trees at 6.00pm last night at the station. He seemed very busy and had much better things to do than talk to us. Looks very well fed, a touch podgy perhaps!

Stephen Andrews
👍

Fri 25 Apr 2014, 09:39 (last edited on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 09:40)

Stan insisted I let him into the ticket office at 9:30 Thursday, looking like he owned the place.

Maureen Sparling
👍

Wed 23 Apr 2014, 17:37

Thanks for letting me know Ian and Frank. I wonder if anyone's feeding him down there. He's clearly happy at the station. I thought perhaps this time he'd hopped on a train to Paddington! I will go looking for him. Do keep me posted.

Frank Payne
👍

Wed 23 Apr 2014, 16:52

He was on the platform this morning around 9.30 looking very healthy and lively, eating the cat mint in the platform garden, and then trying to catch fish in the station pond.

Ian Lewis
👍

Wed 23 Apr 2014, 16:30

He was seen at the station tuesday morning and evening.

Maureen Sparling
👍

Wed 23 Apr 2014, 15:44

Has anyone seen Stan? Big smooth-haired tabby... he hasn't been home for dinner the last few days and I am supposed to be looking after him in his owner's absence. As many of you will know, he quite often frequents the railway station. He is a very independent cat and I would be grateful for any sightings, just so I know he's ok

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.