Kids clothes urgently needed for S African kids

Kat Patrick
👍

Tue 29 Apr 2014, 00:00

Megan, let's please arrange your getting several bags of kids' clothes and shoes which we've just sorted, bagged up, and were about to dump in the Salvation Army recycling. So much better if they went with you. 07800-821099.

Megan Bell
👍

Mon 28 Apr 2014, 20:28

No rush. 1st load went Tues, all dropped at a local shop in Hout Bay from where the owner distrbibuted out to a few of those kids & families made homeless by the shack fires. next load in 2 weeks. Thanks again and to all those who donated. Got 2 bags so far which is a suitcase-full. So room for little more if anyone has. Thanks again.

Ruth Williams
👍

Sun 27 Apr 2014, 15:43

Sorry Megan been soo busy this week can I still drop the clothes down on Monday, tomorrow.

Megan Bell
👍

Tue 22 Apr 2014, 19:28

Hi they're in a suitcase- SA customs can be erratic but know many who've done similar with no problem. Next load will be going early May. Thanks but kids clothes only please, no room for toys and clothes sorely needed.

Ian Taylor
👍

Tue 22 Apr 2014, 15:12

You should check whether this is possible; we tried to import second-hand clothes for an orphanage in Cape Town and were told that the authorities would not let them through. I guess you might get through with a suitcase, but we were trying to courier a box and had to make a customs declaration.

More information: edition.cnn.com/2013/04/12/business/second-hand-clothes-africa/

nigel rosser
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 23:18

we have some, and toys? are they any use? but presumably there's a limit as to how much your husband can take???

v.best
nigel and isabel

Megan Bell
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 21:16

Thanks for all the donations so far. Will be winging their way to South Africa tomorrow and early May.

Megan Bell
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 18:32

Hi Nadine thanks, will inbox you address. Megan

Nadine Pilgrim
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 16:05

Hi Megan
Yes I have some and can deliver?
Nadine

Megan Bell
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 12:24

Due to an extensive shack fire in Imizamu Yetu informal settlement, Hout Bay outside Cape Town ,100s of families are now homeless and only have the clothes they stand up in. We lived right nearby until recently and our son's 9 yr old best friend lives in the settlement. Please donate clothes asap in the following sizes if you have:
Age baby, 2 yrs, 4, 6, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16.
They will go direct to the kids at the weekend as my husband is flying out there. Many thanks.
Megan 07956 952082

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.