Mystery Fish Thief

sarah routley
👍

Tue 22 Apr 2014, 13:00

Someone just suggested a Mink which also leaves bits and emptied a neighbours pond apparently...the plot thickens!

Geoff Belcher
👍

Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:59

I think it was the Heron, he or she cleared my pond 2 years ago around this tme when they have young, I restocked and have put a net over it and this has stopped the visits, we actually saw it doing it, and yes sometimes you do get a tail left.
I have seen it flying over recently. took 14 fish last time!

sarah routley
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 19:35

I wondered about a snake, what signs do i look for? Would they leave tails? Several big carp have gone as well as the smaller gold fish...there are 2 left so maybe i should sit up tonight and see who visits??.

john h
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 16:48

Any signs of a grass snake? they will clear you pond of fish.

John H

sarah routley
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 16:08

Herons the most obvious but would it really leave the tails? Its a deep pond so it would be a challenge for a cat???

graham W
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 12:05

A heron perhaps?

sarah routley
👍

Mon 21 Apr 2014, 11:14

Our kids were distraught this morning to find that all 17 of their easter fish had been taken from the pond over night. the only clue to the thief was 2 fancy fish tails left next to the pond on a rock. Has anyone any ideas as to what would take fish but leave tails? We would like to protect our pond from future intruders.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.