URGENT - SNAKES - URGENT!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 25 Aug 2006, 15:02

I'd just recommend that you don't go to see 'Snakes on a Plane'. If you were worried beforehand, you'll be petrified afterwards. On the other hand, it does have some remarkably creative suggestions for how to get rid of the blighters.

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Fri 25 Aug 2006, 15:00

Thank you for all your help & web sites to visit. Unfortunately, I can't find any baby snake pictures. I presuming that this is a harmless grass snake and the white marks @ the back of it's head will eventually spread around the neck area more once it becomes an adult. Don't worry John H, it/they will be left alone. It was just a shock seeing one, especially with children in the garden. Keep you posted if I see anymore. Hopefully get a picture of it.

Geoff Belcher
👍

Fri 25 Aug 2006, 12:15

Andrea, have a look at this site, think it is a grass snake.
http://www.herpetofauna.co.uk/grass_snake.htm

good clear pictures.

derek
👍

Fri 25 Aug 2006, 11:52

Please update us, what was it??

john h
👍

Thu 24 Aug 2006, 22:57

Does it have yellow "ears" if so it is a harmless Grass Snake. What ever the outcome please leave them alone,

John Munro
👍

Wed 23 Aug 2006, 18:25

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfacts/factfiles/278.shtml
DO any of these photos look like the one you saw?

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Wed 23 Aug 2006, 17:56

Can anyone help me? I have found a baby snake in my garden, close to the house. I have been on web sites to try and determine what snake it is. It is not any of the usual British snakes. This one had a viper shaped head, grey/green in colour with a very clear white marking on the back of it's head. I am sure there are more snakes, and obviously a mummy and daddy snake some where. Who do I contact to remove them and does anyone know what sort of snake it is? I have a young child and also pets.
Andrea Swinburne
01608 811887

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.