never changing charlbury

Igor Goldkind
👍

Fri 22 Sep 2006, 10:18

OK you got me.
I thought you were being serious with all that outsider, anti-foreigner, let's-keep-everything-the-same nonesense.

I didn't realise you were having me on and I fell for it.

But cut me some slack: you do realise that there are actually some poor, pathetic pinheads who actually believe and utter some of that vile nonesense you were winding us up with.

I hear those reactionary, racist voices in Charlbury and Chippy and I'm committed to challanging each and every one of them; otherwise they become regarded as normal or acceptable.

So you can see why I fell for your joke.

Good one.

david giles/giro
👍

Tue 19 Sep 2006, 18:52

hi igor ilooked for you on saturday at the street fair . but it seems you were in hiding lots of old friends in sturt close and at the fair could not wait to tell me of your posting on the forum so i waited in the rose and crown all afternoon until somebody told me you dont drink in there any more its a shame as the real ale is the best i have tasted in years.i might even have bought you a pint. any way did i upset you with my comments because your spelling is appalling ihave an excuse because i went to chipping norton school ithink your excuse is that you were not born on this side of the atlantic. any way give my love to george bush and ihope to hear from you soon yaki da boyo from uncle giro ps iam not only a bigot iam the biggest racist that ever walked the earth.

Igor Goldkind
👍

Fri 15 Sep 2006, 21:48

Hey, I couldn't of offered a better example of your implicit rampant bigotry than your very own posting!

What's it like driving a motor car that goes over 25 mph?
You know, these days we have airplanes without propellers, believe it or not.

My annoyance is more is more correctly directed at the safe and middle English of Charlbury who permit such commentary a deavidgiles' to pass unchallanged.

Yeah, I know, we all have work to do.

So where did you get the time to read this without bothering to challange the bigotry surrounding you?

Back in the era of traditonal values we used to say if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Complicity :Definition of complicity (noun)
form: complicities
participation or partnership, as in wrong-doing or with a wrong-doer

'nuff said!

david giles/giro
👍

Thu 14 Sep 2006, 20:53

igor sounds like a local name in trasalvania did your descendants work for the frankensteins. the welsh treat out siders like myself as illegal immigrants and cheap labour but some body has got to do the manual labour. 72 hours a week six days aweek on minimum wage its still better than sitting on your back side all day licking envelopes for amnesty international yaki da boyo

Igor Goldkind
👍

Tue 12 Sep 2006, 17:18

Writing as one of the 'outsiders who's ruined Charlbury' (heh-heh-heh, our diabolical master plan is working!), I wondered if any of the Welsh might have something to say about their 'outsiders' problem?

david giles/giro
👍

Sun 3 Sep 2006, 14:57

i apolgise for my daughters comments richard and hope this does not mean iwill excluded from this web site because i need to keep in touch with my roots dave giles giro

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 2 Sep 2006, 13:33

I've cut Jasmin/David's posting because this isn't a website for labelling whole streets as "wasters", nor for boasting about your supposed qualifications. Jasmin, if you want to carry on that sort of conversation, please find another forum.

Contrary to your earlier posting ("I have been trying to get on this website for three days") no-one has been blocked - I can only presume you were typing your password in wrongly, or something...

Julie Negus
👍

Sat 2 Sep 2006, 08:27

Steady on there Jasmin, I have parents and grandparents that have always lived in Charlbury AND are actually still very happy there.
Yes, new people do move in and out of areas. But that is a fact where ever you live. No need to be quite so abusive!!!!!

david giles/giro
👍

Sat 2 Sep 2006, 00:19

hi iam davids daughter jasmin i never regret leaving charlbury because of all the out siders that came in and ruined the place

(Abusive posting snipped -- Richard)

Fred Oliver
👍

Fri 1 Sep 2006, 04:19

So. California and today is a cool 90. Tomorrow will be sunny and warm again....boring.....still doing plumbing, on my own. If you ever get the chance, come visit. Hope to be back for a visit next year or the one after.

david giles/giro
👍

Wed 30 Aug 2006, 21:16

how are you doing freddie i remember you. where are you in the states some where warm i hope are you keeping an eye on charlbury like me.lets face it we belong there because we were born and bred up sturt close unlike most of the so called locals solook after yourself and watch this space dave giles giro

Fred Oliver
👍

Mon 28 Aug 2006, 22:56

And when I visit, I still get my haircut by Pete.

Fred Oliver
👍

Mon 28 Aug 2006, 22:55

Well, I remmeber Sturt Close, so must be one of those rowdy people. I left, too, but to the States in 84. You must be the same David Giles I knew.Charlbury has changed. Went back two years ago and hardly recognizd it.

david giles/giro
👍

Mon 28 Aug 2006, 15:25

hello john are you siding with me because if you are you will be getting comments about sheep.nice to hear from somebody from the harlem area of charlbury had your tyres slashed lately.i notice that certain people have taken offence at some of my comments what has happened to freedom of speech.ihave been trying to get on this web site for three days now but it would not except my e.mail address i thought i had been barred.if the liberal street fair commitee needs a celebrity to open proceedings iam free on that weekend for a small fee just fifteen pints of wychwood ales and a bale of hay for the wife. cheers john for your support see you at the street fair. giro p.s dont mention the war.

john h
👍

Thu 24 Aug 2006, 22:59

David
as you will see from the comments you may be right
A next door resident

david giles/giro
👍

Wed 23 Aug 2006, 19:26

no graham its seven sheep under a street lamp counts as a camp site yaki da boyo

graham W
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2006, 21:39

Is it it what they say in Wales, six sheep under a steet lamp counts as a leisure centre!

david giles/giro
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2006, 20:16

yew try catching a welsh sheep they are faster than a charlbury liberal do gooder

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2006, 19:22

the other reason is there is alot more sheep in wales

david giles/giro
👍

Sat 19 Aug 2006, 20:49

i was born in charlbury in 1957 and moved away in 1996 one of the main reasons for moving was the influx of outsiders who moved in and decided they were taking over. after reading this forum i see only a couple of names i remember one in particular who feathered his nest on the council to get his planning permission. reading comments on vandalism and tyre slashing i noticed that certain things said seemed to point to sturt and hughes close. not suprising really ilived in sturt close all my life it was a great place to live until west oxfordshire district council decided to use it as a dumping ground in the late eighties fordoleites and wasters from all over the county. there are very few of the original people still living in sturt and hughes close but if you got to know them you would not find better friends. so it is not sturt henge it is the harlem area of charlbury so i say good bye adieu from my mountain top in wales and hope for some backlash ps there is no better hair stylist than pete cahill. cheers giro

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.