Spendlove Becoming Flats

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 25 Mar 2014, 18:38

I wrote to Dawn Brodie last week and have copied Andrew Tucker

Anthony Merry
👍

Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:53

I also picked this up last week and Roger has contacted Dawn Brodie although of course it is up her to decide if she considers it needs consent .
I thing we should also contact Andrew Tucker the head of planning as well

Ann Harper
👍

Sun 23 Mar 2014, 22:09

I understand that the developer who has put in an application to turn part of the Spendlove Centre into flats has described the building as class B1a which I believe, under new legislation, gives them the right to do this without planning permission. However as the upper floor is occupied by an insurance company, Lycetts, this should mean that the property be classified as A2 as it involves financial and professional services and should require full planning permission.

The heading on the Charlbury Website refers to us being a "vibrant community". If we do not offer some local employment we could well turn into a sleepy dormitory town with most workers having to commute to Witney or Oxford (hideous traffic)or the train (new carpark already chockabloc, I believe.

If you are concerned write or email Dawn Brodie at WODC.

Leah Fowler
👍

Wed 19 Mar 2014, 10:06

Jeff West( formerly English Heritage) says the flats DO need planning permission because Charlbury is in the Conservation Area

Kat Patrick
👍

Tue 18 Mar 2014, 13:21

Thanks, Liz. I've sent an email to the person you named, but got an "out of office" response so far. Will keep you posted. (Please will everyone else write, too?)

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 18 Mar 2014, 09:01 (last edited on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 09:06)

If you have a view on this development then you can write to the planning officer, Dawn Brodie, whose e mail address is dawn.brodie@westoxon.gov.uk. The planning number is 14/0310/P/PD

Ruth Williams
👍

Tue 18 Mar 2014, 07:38

Parking comes with the Spendlove Centre offices, which is immediately by the offices, vets and dentist, but if they develop that as well then the designated 9 flats will have nowhere to park then there would be a problem. The Good Food Shop will suffer and so will the co op and the local pubs, I should know I have worked at the Spendlove Centre since 2007!

Naomi Berger
👍

Mon 17 Mar 2014, 22:50

Surely parking would become easier if the businesses moved out of the spendlove center.

Kat Patrick
👍

Mon 17 Mar 2014, 16:09

This is shambolic, frankly.

Liz Reason
👍

Mon 17 Mar 2014, 13:27

The government changed the planning rules last year so allow change of use of premises to create housing so these flats are 'permitted development'.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 17 Mar 2014, 12:44

Nice bit of rough ground next to them they could use

LINDA HILSDON
👍

Mon 17 Mar 2014, 10:52

PARKING?

Susan Way
👍

Mon 17 Mar 2014, 08:58

How many jobs will be affected?

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sun 16 Mar 2014, 19:21

You have my support Kat. Can't see how that would work & takes out a large portion of business/employment for Charlbury.

Kat Patrick
👍

Sat 15 Mar 2014, 17:02

Richard has posted in the "news" section that the office space at the Spendlove Centre is being considered for accommodation under a new law that bypasses a lot of planning processes. I, for one, am very concerned for the same reasons Richard intimates in his news brief -- namely, that important business premises will be lost without the town's ability to say nary a word. What can we do to voice our concerns?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.