Solar farm

Liz Reason
👍

Sat 8 Mar 2014, 09:53

Harriet, there most certainly are plans and there have been two public meetings to share them. We're aware that the parish boundary crosses the site. There is always plenty of space between the panels, and anyway, they will be away from the wall. So plenty of space for walking. We'll just have to make sure that we put a gate in the security fence in a place that you advise us is most suitable.

Chris Tatton
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 16:51

Sounds like just the sort of community renewable energy scheme we should all write into WODC and support. Our country desperately needs new clean,safe and secure sources of energy.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 15:39 (last edited on Wed 5 Mar 2014, 15:40)

If you can at least state your objections here, perhaps the Southill Solar team can address them here first? (And no doubt they already have at the public meetings.)

charlie clews
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 14:24

Watching the current crisis in the Ukraine unfold and how pitifully toothless the political powers are against Russia, I'd have thought there has never been a better time to invest in and support local community energy projects?

Simon Tibbitts
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 13:25

Harriet - I don't think solar panels can block someone from walking. Looking at the plans, the new trees, wildflower meadow and the overall benefits of renewable energy - seems like a no brainer to support this.

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 11:39

Are there plans, because I believe it means this is the last year we can do the Parish Boundary walk, since the solar farm will be in one of the fields the walk goes through.

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 08:50

Or if you wish to support it!

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 4 Mar 2014, 21:05

if you wish to object - WODC Planning application 14/0217/P/FP.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.