Dog Bins

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 26 Mar 2014, 19:19

They are emptied regularly but I will ask for them to be cleared

Emily Algar
👍

Tue 18 Mar 2014, 13:15

The dog bin opposite the Primary School is full. Is there any chance of it being emptied this week?

Heather Hill
👍

Sun 16 Mar 2014, 07:20

If dog owners where caught and fined for not picking up their dog mess then the money could be used to not only change the bins to lockable but also to add a few more around Charlbury. I have two dogs myself and it really makes me mad when they don't act responsibly.

Vickie J
👍

Fri 14 Mar 2014, 18:32

Any chance all the bins in Charlbury could be the lockable type? I have heard people around the town mention they have had dog pooh bags chucked in their garden.

Helen Chapman
👍

Thu 13 Mar 2014, 17:56

I saw one st 1.30 probably the same one...

Katrina Ross
👍

Wed 12 Mar 2014, 21:05

another bag left at the top of Cornbury drive this evening! It was 7.30 and dark so assuming no one is coming back for it!!

Heather Hill
👍

Wed 12 Mar 2014, 18:02

I think a lockable bin by the bowls club would be fantastic. As club secretary I am forever getting complaints about this from our members. I really don't think moving the bin is fair on the dog walkers. It's in an ideal place where they can dispose of their bags as they leave the field.

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 6 Mar 2014, 11:30

That's very good news Liz, thank you. It would be ideal if all of the bins were lockable but one by the Bowls Club is definitely a good start.

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 6 Mar 2014, 09:06

I have often seen bags left around there but to be fair I think many people leave them and collect them on their way home (though not everyone - there have been some that have lain around for a while). A bin there would be useful and I will ask WODC, though they may tell us to ask the Cornbury estate to provide it.

Naomi Berger
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 21:26

While we're on the subject of poo bins. Would it be a good idea to have one near to the entrance of cornbury park? I've seen a fair few bags left lying around with dog mess in that the owners have left to decorate the verge.

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 18:22 (last edited on Wed 5 Mar 2014, 18:24)

The idea was to move it further away from the bowls club, not do away with it altogether, Graham. You are right, Emily, there is one on Narrow Lane and I've been told that the officers have a lockable bin available that they can let us have so the problem should be resolved very soon.

Emily Algar
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 09:18

Or maybe have bins where you can't easily open the lid? I know there is one of these in Charlbury somewhere but I can't remember where. You basically just post the waste through a hole and it's not easily opened.

Grahame Ockleston
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 09:00

OK, so remove the bin and what happens ? the answer is even more mess.

How 'regularly is the bin emptied ? why not increase the frequency and see what occurs ?

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 08:50

People are taking bags out of the bin and throwing them around. Another bin might make this worse, not better.

Grahame Ockleston
👍

Wed 5 Mar 2014, 08:25

Surely the problem is that the bin is inadequate.
What will happen if the 'facility' is removed, the thought is too depressing.
A better solution would be to install an extra bin.

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 4 Mar 2014, 16:12 (last edited on Tue 4 Mar 2014, 16:13)

I've learned that this continues to be a problem at the bowls club even though the bin is being emptied regularly. Someone is taking the dog poo out of the bin and chucking it about. If anyone has any idea of who might be responsible please let me know. In the mean time WODC officers have suggested that the bin is removed. I've asked if it can be placed somewhere else on Ticknell Piece as there isn't another one nearby. So if dog walkers find that the bin has gone, don't blame WODC, blame local poo vandals!

Heather Hill
👍

Mon 17 Feb 2014, 06:46

Thanks Liz

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 7 Feb 2014, 17:50

The bins are generally emptied weekly, but the team that does this is the same team that manages other aspects of the environment including flooding so over the past few weeks they have been diverted to help in other parts of West Oxfordshire. I walk my dog around Charlbury and if I see bins overflowing I contact officers to ask for bins to be cleared. They are generally very helpful and get to them as soon as they can - I will ask for the one by the bowls club to be emptied.

Heather Hill
👍

Thu 6 Feb 2014, 18:01

I have had to contact the council about the dog bin at the entrance to the field by Charlbury Bowls Club which is always overflowing. Unfortunately we appear to be getting several bags of dog mess thrown over onto the green at the club - more than likely by children. Does anyone know how often the bins do get emptied out of interest?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.