Bacon Sandwich Availability

Tony Graeme
👍

Fri 4 Aug 2006, 12:12

Lynne Stubbles, Good Food Shop Manager, says where did you try?.
The Good Food Shop was not short of bread on Saturday. They do close at 12.30 but will always accept orders by phone for collection before then.
Tony Graeme

Derek Collett
👍

Wed 2 Aug 2006, 22:20

Andrew - you have to get up earlier! When I moved to Charlbury in 2004 I soon realised that it is an "early morning" sort of town, particularly with regard to the opening times of shops and services. That said, I am a little surprised that you couldn't find any fresh bread at 11.30 on a Saturday because that's about the same time I normally go in search of mine.

I don't know if they have a similar policy at the Good Food Shop but certainly John Brain will allow you to phone in a bread order in advance and then go and collect it at a later time.

Sounds like the early bird catches the loaf...

Andrew Bennett
👍

Tue 1 Aug 2006, 16:09

On Saturday morning I had a sudden urge for a bacon sandwich for my lunch so I headed for Charlbury centre to buy a loaf; I already had the bacon, purchased from a local butcher.
To my annoyance the two local purveyors of bread, didn't have any, so I had to go to the Co-op and bought something akin to bready cardboard.

Much is made of supporting our local suppliers, a sentiment I fully support. I even understand the excellent Charlbury Farmers Market has been reduced to once a quarter because it was taking trade away from local shops.
Well local shops - I can't support you unless you have the things I want to buy and I don't think a basic staple like bread is too much to ask for at 11.30 on a Saturday or please let's bring back a regular farmers market - this is a market town, isn't it?
Andrew

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.